2013 Honda Civic WTCC Car

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
2013 Civic WTCC Car

01_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.sized.jpg

Drumming up a little excitement for the 2013 FIA World Touring Car Championship, Honda brought its new Civic WTCC car to the bright lights of Geneva for all to see. Honda joined WTCC late last year entering the final three races. The racing outfit will run this year's entire 12-round season, which kicks off later this month in Italy.

In the off-season, Honda made a few updates to its WTCC entry including better aerodynamics, improved suspension and braking and numerous engine and turbo enhancements. Two teams will field the new Civicracecar in this year's season: Honda Racing Team JAS and a private team from Hungary, Zengő Motorsport.

Fans of the WTCC in the US will be pleased to know that series makes a return visit to Sonoma Raceway on September 8 for the Race of the United States.

02_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.sized.jpg

Press:

Honda Ready for WTCC 2013

March 1, 2013 - Following the completion of its final development test in Aragon, Spain this month, Honda Racing Team JAS is ready and raring to go for the 2013 FIA World Touring Car Championship. The Championship will begin with the Race of Italy on 24 March 2013, finally ending in Macau on 17 November after twenty-four races.

Honda Racing Team JAS ready and raring to go
Honda will be entering a two car works team. The drivers are Italian Gabriele Tarquini – 2009 World Touring Car Champion - and Portuguese Tiago Monteiro. Honda's R&D has developed a completely bespoke 1.6 liter 4 cylinder direct injection turbo-charged petrol engine to power its Civic WTCC race car in the Championship, with Mugen providing trackside support.

The team got off to a flying start at the end of last year, entering the Civic WTCC into the last three races of the 2012 championship. This saw Monteiro claim the car's first podium finish at Macau in November, while the Civic WTCC gained the second-fastest time (at 2:31.844) at the same race.

Alessandro Mariani, Team Principal of J.A.S. Motorsport, said: "I am very proud of the great job that Honda and our staff have done to get us ready for the 2013 Championship, and of the team spirit we've created, which will be essential to get us through the challenging campaign ahead.

"And whilst we know it will be extremely difficult as a newcomer to win the Championship this year, for Honda and racing fans around the world, we are making this our goal."

The Honda R&D and J.A.S. Motorsport teams have put the Civic WTCC through its paces with their winter development testing programme. In December 2012, the car spent 3 days in the Honda R&D wind tunnel in Tochigi, followed by another 3 days in Valencia and Aragon in January and February respectively.

Commenting on the technical evolution of the 2013 Honda Civic WTCC, Andrea Adamo, Chief Designer, Honda Racing Team JAS, said: "Following extensive testing, we have made a number of improvements to the Civic WTCC. We have improved the car's aerodynamics and enhanced the suspension design, as well as the front structure of the car. We have also fitted the brakes with bespoke front and rear calipers in cooperation with AP Racing."

Daisuke Horiuchi, the WTCC Development Project Leader at Honda R&D, said: "The WTCC is an exciting sprint race where tail-to-nose dog-fight can last for 20 minutes. To overtake the car in front with less than 50cm between them our drivers need to react in a fraction of a second, so they need the guarantee of an instant response from the engine and car.

"To achieve this, we've focused our development on improving the driveability of the car. We also fine-tuned the engine to give the drivers greater control, so they can drive in whatever style they wish. This has involved, amongst other work, various improvements to the fine controls of the turbocharger's turbine revolution, the turbo-boost control and the pick-up of the engine rev. We also worked on the shape of the intake port, optimizing the intake manifold length as well as modifying the ignition system."

The Honda Racing Team JAS will be pitted against a private team, Hungarian-based Zengő Motorsport, who confirmed earlier this year that they will enter the FIA World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) with the Honda Civic WTCC. The car will be driven by Hungarian driver Norbert Michelisz. J.A.S. Motorsport will build the car for the team to the same specifications as Honda's own Civic WTCC.

In line with Honda's philosophy of sharing the joys of racing with its customers, a "Honda fan zone" will be introduced in the paddock of the European rounds of the 2013 WTCC; giving spectators the chance to get closer than ever to the Honda racing world.

About WTCC
•WTCC is the FIA World Touring Car Championship.
•Vehicle specification is strictly regulated by FIA Super 2000 category
•All vehicles which compete in the championship are based on mass production cars with more than 4 seats.
•The championship is reserved for cars powered by a 1.6 liter petrol engine, turbo-charged with direct injection.
•The distance of each race varies between 50 km and 60km
•The full racing season covers 12 racing weekends (two races per weekend)

Technical specifications of the 2013 Honda Civic WTCC

Engine
•In line 4 cylinder direct injection turbocharged with intercooler;
•Capacity: 1.6 liters;
•Dry oil sump;

Weight and Dimensions
•Mass: 1100 Kg;
•Length: 4300 mm;
•Wideness: 1830 mm;
•Wheelbase: 2605 mm

03_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.jpg

04_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.jpg

05_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.jpg

06_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.jpg

07_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.jpg

08_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.jpg

09_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.jpg

10_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.jpg

11_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.jpg

12_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.jpg

13_2013_honda_civic_wtcc_geneva.jpg

I don't know why, but I've liked the new Euro Civic ever since I saw the concept vehicle. I don't tend to like hatchbacks, but the last three generations of Euro Civic have been very pleasing to my eyes. Thanks for posting this, webby!

That's a sweet looking race car. JAS turns out some gnarly machines.

mattsbobo posted some pics on Facebook when they were testing the all white car. It was shooting huge fire balls out the side exhaust. Badarse!

That was a test version of the factory backed, Team Dynamics BTCC car with Matt Neal at the wheel. I maintain the belief that the BTCC is one of the few race series left that's worth watching from start to finish. It's all about "elbows and knuckles" with those guys. :driving: :thumbsup:

If I'm not mistaken, the UK hasn't had a Type R model in a few years, so answer me this: How come the UK's Honda supported team can be/look THAT badass, but when HART or Compass 360 show up for a race I don't get the same "white knuckle" sense of anticipation like I do watching the BTCC?

I guess I can't blame HART or Compass 360. The rules for the CTSCC and the BTCC are light years apart from each other. That's why I don't ever see cool splitters, wings, wide body kits, or flame spitting side exhausts in the CTSCC. All that being said I still love the CTSCC, and always pull for the Honda teams.

some threads about the euro r
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/euro-civic-type-r-caught-testing-on-the-ring.4632/
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/h...evelopment-along-with-other-model-plans.5553/

Honda is aiming for the Nurburgring FWD lap record with the next Civic Type R, which the company has confirmed will produce between 265 and 300 hp, reports Auto Express. Testing should begin at the ‘Ring later this year before the car goes on sale in 2015.

The company will apply the experience and tech gained from the World Touring Car Championship to the development of the hot hatch. Anything from a 1.6 litre turbo to a 2.0 litre turbo is possible. To be based on the Euro-market hatchback, the Civic Type R will first be sold in Europe only, with the gates opening to other markets later if public reception is favourable.
The Nurburgring FWD lap record is currently held by the Renaultsport Megane 265 Trophy at 8 minutes and 7.97 seconds.

I know the masses are 50/50 on the body design, but personally :hitit: , and who cares what it looks like its a Honda Civic Turbo!!!! I hope this powerplant is enstated with the next gen civic.

If a turbocharged Civic Type R comes to America, I will definitely, at some point within no more than 3-4 years of its release (or immediately if it doesn't have a ridiculous "adjusted market value" addendum), buy one and keep it til I die.

When I was I California, a BMW dealership in Glendale got a 1M. The sticker was like $54k. The "market value adjustment," or whatever they called it, was $40k. So $94k for a $54k car. Similarly, when the first Evo 8 came to Jacksonville, my friend and I went to go look at it. The dealer had brought the price from around (I think it was) $25kish to around $50k: somebody bought that **** for asking price! The best one was when the PT Cruiser came out. I don't know if anyone remembers that fiasco, but those things were selling for like $60k! For a Neon!

If you pay dealer markup for any kind of mass produced car, you deserve to pay every cent they ask for. The same thing happend when the Z came out. I didnt complain much cause I was selling them at the time, but still...lol.

a dealer in cali added 30k to the sticker on the 2008 m3 when it came out.

Back