Door lock problem with honda civic - needs a locksmith

I'm having problem with my Honda civc 2010. I lock the car using the button on the key, the car will stay locked for 10 seconds and then unlock it self including all doors.If i lock the car using the key in the door lock, then it will stay locked. I dnt know what to do if anybody knows about it plzzz suggest me any way to get rid of this problem

I'd have to agree. If there's nothing in the 8th gen forums, I think a trip to the dealer might be your best route. I haven't heard of anything like this in the '12s or '13s.

To clarify, is this with a key in the ignition, or not? Also, has anyone installed a bypass module in order to install a remote start kit?

How about the battery in the key, being a 2010, it might need a new one.

I'm having problem with my Honda civc 2010. I lock the car using the button on the key, the car will stay locked for 10 seconds and then unlock it self including all doors.If i lock the car using the key in the door lock, then it will stay locked. I dnt know what to do if anybody knows about it plzzz suggest me any way to get rid of this problem
just use the key to lock the car

are you in warranty still? It's be a free fix at any dealership.

Most likely a faulty actuator in the driver's door. They are super cheaply built 0.50 cent hobby motors inside them.

I had the passenger side actuator changed in my 8th gen because it was making all kinds of noises when it locked. It was replaced under warranty.

Back