2013 Si Rim Pitting

Shu

ONTARIO
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Just like the title states. I have my rear wheels pitting around the circular honda emblem. Car has about 40K on it..A big WTF to honda... Anyone else have this problem? How did you fix it etc.? I rememebr my old Accord Hybrid had a similar issue but after like 267K... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Shu

possible to post pics? If it's a problem where there the clearcoat on the rim was defective or something, it could be a warranty issue.

Attached is the image. Sorry about the resizing...just at work..

You can see the pitting starting around the circular honda emblem...and flaking of the clear coat..

Attachments

• 2013-05-01 12.19.31.jpg
    2013-05-01 12.19.31.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
Attached is the image. Sorry about the resizing...just at work..

You can see the pitting starting around the circular honda emblem...and flaking of the clear coat..
Nope, not normal. Go straight to dealer ASAP!

This is actually a 2012 right? (according to no black on wheels in pic). I was gonna say how did you put 40k on a 2013 Civic already

Last edited:
his profile says he has a 2012, so I'm guessing it was just a mistake in the title.

40 k is out of warranty,unless its considered a paint issue,a new rim is around 225.

Honda Limited Warranty Information
  • 3-Year/36,000-Mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
  • 5-Year/60,000-Mile Limited Powertrain Warranty. Ordinary maintenance or adjustments, parts subject to normal wear and replacement, and certain items are excluded.
  • Accessory Limited Warranty—All Honda Genuine Accessories are covered for 3 years or 36,000 miles when installed at the time of new vehicle purchase.
  • Replacement Parts Limited Warranty—Honda Genuine Parts are covered for 1 year. The warranty coverage for replacement parts purchased from and installed by a Honda dealer includes parts replacement and labor.
  • 5-Year/Unlimited-Mile Corrosion Limited Warranty.
While I think the 5yr corrosion is really for the painted body surfaces... I think they'll work with you. Even if he had 40k miles, the car is like a year old. I don't see them denying there being an issue with his wheel. I know individuals who have had entire transmissions replaced at 45k miles for free, and they only had a 36k warranty. I think they'll cover his wheel.

ah.. it is ontario canada.

Power Train 5 years / 100,000km
Distributor's Warranty 3 years / 60,000km
Emission Systems 3 years / 60,000km
Accessories 3 years / 60,000km
Rust Perforation 5 years / No Distance Limit
Surface Corrosion 3 years / No Distance Limit
Emission Systems 8 years / 130,000km Includes: Three way catalytic converted engine control module (ECM), on board diagnostic connector and engine check light.
Roadside Assistance 3 years / No Distance LimitVehicles from 2005 onwards come with 3 years Roadside Assistance.
Battery 3 years / No Distance Limit100% - 2 years with no distance limit.
50% - 3rd year with no distance limit excluding labour.
Audio Components 3 years / 60,000km
Integrated Motor Assist System 8 years / 160,000km

Last edited:
Yea, that was going to be my question.... have you changed the tires at all? Snow tires/all seasons/summers or anything like that?

Yea, that was going to be my question.... have you changed the tires at all? Snow tires/all seasons/summers or anything like that?

I have the same issue going on with my 2012 Si wheel cap. And I noticed it around the time I changed my tires to winter tires (along with the scratches around the face of the rims from the idiot body shop that installed them).

What would that have to with changing tires, out of curiosity (I'm legitimately interested, because I figured it was premature wearing myself!)

Back