stilletto's '11 Subaru WRX Sedan

stilletto

Chicago, IL
Vehicle Model
Volkswagen Golf GTI
So.. been somehwhat active on the site for almost a month now, and just purchased a new car. ..but not a Honda.
Went to look at a few '13 Civic Si's this past Monday night, and ran across an '11 Subaru WRX Sedan that I couldn't pass up.
This thing's such a monster, but remains docile when needed. Sweet Daily Driver.
Regardless of Make/Model, I've taken a liking to this Forum, and plan on checking in and posting frequently.

Last edited:
Just ordered a Kartboy Short Shifter and Bushing Combo.
Can't wait until it gets here. The OEM Shifter's just nasty.

Very nice. I like the WRXs. :D

I test drove a Rex before buying my Civic. The Subaru dealer couldn't get me into one for what I was looking for. BUT, I had a dream last night that I bought an STi... maybe it's time :think:

I've owned more of these cars since 2003 than I'd like to admit (1 Wrx, 4 sti). If you have ANY questions at all feel free to hit me up.

I must add, buy some whiteline rack bushings.

Also, get the rear shifter stay, and linkage bushings if they weren't included in your setup. Turn in concepts makes a nice set. Just the shifter arm bushings aren't that big of a difference.

..Also, get the rear shifter stay, and linkage bushings if they weren't included in your setup. Turn in concepts makes a nice set. Just the shifter arm bushings aren't that big of a difference.
Combo includes both Front and Rear Bushings.
Will look into the TIC Linkage Bushings, as I've already experienced a couple of mis-shifts. Womp. -___-

Thanks a lot, I'll definitely keep you in mind when it comes to any questions that may arise. Dunno' what to tackle next after the shifter's taken care of.

After some steering rack bushings, I would also look at some group-n motor/tranny mounts. Takes a TON of drivetrain slop out.

Also, these cars love sway bars, again I would look to whiteline for them.

..I had a dream last night that I bought an STi... maybe it's time :think:
Drove a '13 STI, just for the hell of it, and, surprisingly, it differs quite a bit from a base WRX. Would love to have one, but I'd never put the upgraded Suspension components to use.

Drove a '13 STI, just for the hell of it, and, surprisingly, it differs quite a bit from a base WRX. Would love to have one, but I'd never put the upgraded Suspension components to use.

Yeah I enjoyed driving the WRX. The salesman I dealt with allowed me to test the car out on a few turns.

..Also, these cars love sway bars, again I would look to whiteline for them.

Fiance said she's buying my Stance Coilovers next month, actually asked "So, when are we slamming this thing?!" the day I brought it home, so maybe Sway Bars then..

Need to figure out whether I'm buying a Boost Gauge, Defi Red, or Cobb AccessPort first.
Plan on running a Cobb Stage 1 OTS Tune for a while, and potentially a ProTune depending on how power hungry I get.

Subaru FTW!

<---- owns a 2007 Subaru WRX Limited (bought it with 6 miles on the ODO brand new May '07)

She's not stock :giggle:

I love my Cobb SS (with bushings)

Back