stilletto's '11 Subaru WRX Sedan

I almost bought a WRX, but then I sat down inside. Not trying to talk ****, just hated the interior. If they could turn it up a notch, then I would buy one.

..Not trying to talk ****, just hated the interior..
No worries. Not ****-talking if it's the truth. Haha.
These interiors are pretty much the bare minimum, which I'm still not used to.
Friend's FB6 is WAY more comfortable as a Daily Driver, and another buddy's Golf R tops that.

..I liked the R, but sheesh, $40k for a barely better gti? Eh, no.
Wouldn't even say "barely better".. Buddy traded an MKVI GTI for the MKVI Golf R, and the GTI actually FELT faster.
Also, you can't turn Traction Control off in the Golf R, and the TFSI Engine has proven to be LESS reliable than the standard TSI Engine.

Wouldn't even say "barely better".. Buddy traded an MKVI GTI for the MKVI Golf R, and the GTI actually FELT faster.
Also, you can't turn Traction Control off in the Golf R, and the TFSI Engine has proven to be LESS reliable than the standard TSI Engine.

Lol the people who buy the golf r only want it for the LED headlights

Short Shifter and Bushings arrived in the mail today, hoping to have them installed some time in the next few weeks. No days off. Sucks.

Next goal is to figure out which fluids to use. Thinking Amsoil 0W-30 Signature Series Engine Oil, but dunno' what to go with as far as Transmission Fluid or Gear Oil.

I always used rotella t-6 engine oil. The engine loved it! Tranny and diff were always subaru oil.

Short Shifter and Bushings arrived in the mail today, hoping to have them installed some time in the next few weeks. No days off. Sucks.

Next goal is to figure out which fluids to use. Thinking Amsoil 0W-30 Signature Series Engine Oil, but dunno' what to go with as far as Transmission Fluid or Gear Oil.

You don't need a day off! One hour at the most to install those. I am using Amsoil Engine Oil and Tranny Fluid. I just put the Tranny fluid in a few weeks ago. HUGE difference!

I dunno', that Rear Bushing looks like a HUGE pain.

Buddy of mine has a case of German Castrol lying around in his garage, so I might use that. That stuff has never received a negative review.

Installed the Short Shifter, minus the Bushings, and I can already feel a huge difference.
It's gonna' take a bit to get used to, pretty tough sliding into first, but its better. Only thing that pissed me off was that damn snap ring. Even with the right tools, took like an hour to get back into place. Ugh.

From what I understand, it's due to a new lack of leverage since the shifter is actually shorter.

Never mind the extra force needed to shift into gear.. I tightened the through bolt down way too much. Was causing binding. Everything's good now!

Back