Michiana Area Thread (Southwest MICHigan/North Central IndIANA)

squiggy

Cartographer
VIP Member
Michiana
Vehicle Model
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Body Style
Convertible
Just wondering if there is anybody out there from this area?

I'm south central Michigan haha! Jackson to be exact. Don't really fit your criteria though I guess

I'll be driving home in a few weeks. Gonna be in the Goshen/Elkhart area for a few days

That is quite the haul. I did it a few years ago. I have some family just outside of Boston.

That it is. Not looking forward to it haha. looking like it'll be a 14.5-15 hr drive

14 tops without a major food break and being a little generous with the speed limit!

14 tops without a major food break and being a little generous with the speed limit!

not planning any major food breaks, gonna bring stuff with me, and ill deff being hitting 70-80 on cruise the whole way. and never heard of finger lakes. wheres that?

not planning any major food breaks, gonna bring stuff with me, and ill deff being hitting 70-80 on cruise the whole way. and never heard of finger lakes. wheres that?

finger lakes.jpg

Lakes are circled in red. Realistically, the five biggest are the Finger Lakes.

Essentially, you can stay on 90 or cut over to 88/86. Time is about the same, but I think the scenery on the north side of the lakes is much more enjoyable.

I had to fill in a part of 88 that wasn't showing up from zooming out.

Last edited:
ahh. ok. I was thinking of taking 90 all the way to akron and then cutting down(im going to southern Indiana first to see my dad) but That whole toll road through NY on 90 I may avoid. So I may be going south of that.

Last edited:
ahh. ok. I was thinking of taking 90 all the way to akron and then cutting down(im going to southern Indiana first to see my dad) but That whole toll road through NY on 90 I may avoid. So I may be going south of that.

If you are going to Akron first, I would suggest taking 290 to 84 to 80 to 76. About 10 hours. Going on 88 will add about 45 minutes to the trip and 90 adds about 20 minutes.

na my dad lives in southern Indiana, not Akron. I was just saying One route I had looked at was 90W to 271S and coming down to 74W. But I decided I'ma take I-84/I-80 and cut through PA.

Back