Ottawa

Pir8pete

Thought I'd kick things off for Ottawa.

Name's Pete

Had a 08 dr2 Si w/ the CT Supercharger, after cooled and my own custom MAP. Tuning was fairly easy. Uninstalled charger at my shop and got rid of the car.

Now Here's the car a day before pick up in the show room. April 29th 2014

Bought from Steve @ Kanata Honda, great guy, would recommend him to anyone! Day of pickup They opened the doors and I was able to drive it straight out of the show room home. lol ;p

1f10.jpg

7bytx.jpg

9s6q.jpg

b87wk.jpg

p0rds.jpg

mtkmn.jpg

j2b6.jpg

e5m1o.jpg

Future Modifications:

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/honda_parts.php
-HFP lip kit

-PRL Turbo kit w/ Garrett GTX 3071R + .82 A/R Exhaust housing. Still debating 3076 but would like spool to come on @ 2,500 rpm. w/ Texture black I/C piping power coat. Also looking @ high flow cat. option down pipe w/ black heat coated paint and wrap to dampen the noise.

http://www.hondata.com
-FlashPro w/ Bluetooth

http://prlmotorsports.com/2012-civic-si-turbo-system-stage-2.aspx#.U22BrHdfc-0

PRLHondaCivicSiKit8.1.jpg

PRLHondaCivicSiKit10.1.jpg

IMG_64031768x1024.1.jpg

IMG_640511024x768.1.jpg

IMG_64531024x768.jpg

turbochargersystems1024x768.jpg

IMG_64651024x835.1.jpg

IMG_010211024x768.jpg

IMG_010311024x768.jpg

IMG_01041024x768.jpg

IMG_011111024x874.1.jpg

PRLHondaCivicSiKit7.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on new car Peter! So you finally sold your 8thgen ei? I just recently bought 2013 Acura ILX K24 6spd in white as well. Also, just sold the supercharger but I'm keeping my 8thgen for my brother when he gets his g2.

Congrats on new car Peter! So you finally sold your 8thgen ei? I just recently bought 2013 Acura ILX K24 6spd in white as well. Also, just sold the supercharger but I'm keeping my 8thgen for my brother when he gets his g2.

so what was your reason for selling the s/c?

mine was, bad gas mileage, boggy from ideal to about 2,800 rpm, and just not efficient at making power over a turbo. also getting rid of the leased 8th gen, which I would have bought out if I was good.

so what was your reason for selling the s/c?

mine was, bad gas mileage, boggy from ideal to about 2,800 rpm, and just not efficient at making power over a turbo. also getting rid of the leased 8th gen, which I would have bought out if I was good.

Gas mileage was not bad I guess, but its definitely no good for DD to go to work. I just wanted to get the most money I could before I sell/give the car away. I don't even race my car so it is kind of useless for me.

What are your plans for your new si? Are you going turbo this time?

Congratulations Pete. I still haven't seen one around here yet. The white is a great color. I'm thinking my next one might be white.

Welcome from the other side of the river Pete!
Hey, is the Texas Tavern still in Hull? Used to hang out there once in a while in August (after the snow was gone :)).

Really nice car. I really like that white (and I used to live in Kanata and work at BNR).

I live in Gatineau and the Texas bar doesn't ring a bell. Probably still exists just called something different.
Probably. Spent a lot of time in both Hull and Gatineau. I owned a farm in Chesterville, Ont. which is about 40Km south of Ottawa and as you can imagine, wasn't much happening there. Beautiful area, beautiful car.

@FB6 keep that front plate bracket off the car. once it's drilled your FuC ed with 2 holes for life. Funny cuz the sells team @ Kanata said they ever had a request like that when I told them I wouldn't take the car if they slammed that bracket on mine. Also they are doing another redesign for the 2015+ 4drs, might have been worth waiting.

You find that Honda did a piss poor wheel balancing job on those 18's? and when your car sits over night there a flat spot on the tires for just a few mins the next day?

get that thing tinited, they gave mine for free cuz it was already done and they didn't have another for months

Last edited:
Well I don't need the front plate bracket cause I'm quebec plated. Lol. When I drove her from Kanata to dow, there was a slight vibration on the highway. And then it went away. I personally think they should have stayed with 17's, the 18's look to big and they are awful looking. I'm gonna rock them till winter and then get new wheels in the spring.

Back