DIY 2012+ Civic OEM Halogen Projector Headlights

I did everything by hand... Man I would have loved to have pigtails.. I even pmed you.. I wish you would have told me

mines didnt come with it got pigtails through my buddy shop he had a few variety pigtails and sockets that he order from japan and I wired a harness myself..I know you pmed me but I didnt have it at the time remember I told you... by the time i see you got yours installed and say your going a different route with connectors so thats what i thought but I just recently got mines together and installed after yours

Last edited:
By any chance would it be the same for the OEM HID projector version?
Yes and no.
The HID itself isn't like the projector, so it's not plug-n-play. There's additional wiring involved for the ballasts which isn't covered in this article.
The DRLs should be plug-n-play.
The parking and turn-signal require the same custom harness outlines in the DIY.

Jasonandre, awesome writeup! Just finished my harnesses and a relay harness from scratch too and they turned out awesome. I just got a pair of hid projector headlights from UAE and was just about ready to test run when i realized im missing 1 turn signal socket, same one that you`re using here. Now i can modify my harness and use a part# 33303-tr0-A01, but id have to modify the socket even. You wouldnt happen to know a part number for that 2 pin turn signal socket would you?

You wouldnt happen to know a part number for that 2 pin turn signal socket would you?
I wish I did. I just assumed everyone received the socket with wires like I did. I'm still shocked they're selling these headlights without them.

Darn, time for plan b then. like I said not the biggest deal though...trim 2 tabs, put some extra material under the gasket to take up slack and utilize just one element in the bulb (or 2 out of 3 contact points in the socket)when wiring it up and bingo! Maybe ill do a writeup on socket modification if others are experiencing the same thing. Either way I definitely would not have tackled this whole project w/o your diy (bows to master) lol

Honda sells the clips and pigtails you need. I can't remember the part number off the top of my head but it's in the retrofit thread I made.

Got the clips and pigtails, i finished making the harnesses already...it's the actual 2 pin socket that the wedge bulb plugs into that I dont have I've been trying to find a compatible part from a usdm honda/acura, but no luck yet, so I'll probably end up modifying the 3 pin socket instead

Is anyone selling a harness that's already made so it'll just be ready to plug and play.?
I wrk overnight shifts so I dnt get much time to do much DIY's lol

Back