Fri. Drive - N. GA Twisty Extravaganza

etf

Flowery Branch, GA
Vehicle Model
Volvo S70
Body Style
Brick
I guess this is becoming tradition. I will be leading a drive on Friday 9/13/13, that will take us down to Helen, GA for lunch and then back to Robbinsville, NC. We will be leaving at 8 am SHARP and returning by 3-4 PM. I need to get a feel for how many people want to go. Please post in this thread if you want to come along or have any questions about the drive. I need to know by 8/9/13, so I know how many cars I have to plan for.

People who have expessed an interest in going on this drive, so far:
  1. etf
  2. Mamarazzi
  3. Kenny GS
  4. Sonej4
  5. 07TLX
  6. Tony An?
  7. death_roll
  8. Nix
  9. tflo2000
  10. K04GTI
  11. bootyluvr

Last edited:
Id love to go but if im down i have to leave my house 3 in the mornig...
I will c what i can do...

I am in, are you leading in the Volvo from hell etf ? Or will you alternate between cars, I'll have a spot open on the G35.

Breakfast will be at 7 at my cabin, it's on the itinerary.

Great fun on this ride, many of the best stories of years past came from the infamous Friday N.GA drive :giggle:

I am in, are you leading in the Volvo from hell etf ? Or will you alternate between cars, I'll have a spot open on the G35.

Breakfast will be at 7 at my cabin, it's on the itinerary.
I'll be leading the drive in the VFH. Although you guys are overwhelmingly generous for offering to let me drive your cars, I think that I can provide a decent pace. After all, I lead the drive with a Honda Fit the last 2 years and the pace was OK. Anybody who feels like they are being restrained by the pace can go on ahead. I have no problem following as long as the leader is sure where we are going. Maps will be distributed Fri. am before the drive. We will convene in front of the Wildwood Grille and leave for Robbinsville @ 8:00am so that everyone can fuel up for the drive. 2-way radios are recommended. Any questions?

Radios? Any suggestions what we should bring/buy or would an end destination and GPS unit suffice?

Radios? Any suggestions what we should bring/buy or would an end destination and GPS unit suffice?
Any 2-way that has sub-channels is fine. We communicate on channel 5/ sub-channel 1. In the past, we have had a situation where somebody got separated from the group.

Most people (ones who aren'tdriving track prepped M3s) will find the pace to be more than enough.

What tires are you putting on the VFH etf ?[/I]
I already have these:
nexen_n3000_zps4abcce37.jpg

Nexen N3000

I already have these:
nexen_n3000_zps4abcce37.jpg

Nexen N3000

Think they'll be good?

I have general gmax A/S 03s, they're supposed to be a really good hp 'all season' tire and so far they're not bad.

To tell the truth, I wasn't 100% pleased with the PSS on the WRX, they didn't feel like they had much more grip than the oem dunlops. They did ride and respond very well though, rain performance was excellent.

That is a ridiculously cheap tire isn't it? Like $80/tire or less.....

It would be nice if a tire that cheap was really good.

Back