2013 9thcivic.com Tail of The Dragon II - Chat, Pics, and Videos thread

I didn't go near the dragon during the day on Saturday, we were tearing it up on the skyway

Stuck! I heard from @squiggy we were doing a bit north of 70...... hahaha
Haha I'm just giving you a hard time. My tires were squealing like a bish anyways. Stupid all seasons needed more air to shut em up. Those guys up ahead were better than 80-90 on some parts from what I heard.

Reactions: Nix
Yeah mine too! SCreeee...... Hahaha I guess you have to lead next year then! I don't have the engine to generate those speeds on the short straights. Also... not enough balls to go that fast... yet...

Yeah mine too! SCreeee...... Hahaha I guess you have to lead next year then! I don't have the engine to generate those speeds on the short straights. Also... not enough balls to go that fast... yet...
That's the other thing. I'll go way faster following quick guys than leading or driving on my own. Something about seeing any other car go through a corner at higher speeds than what I would normally believe I can do makes me think I can do it too. Haha. I'll chase people down all day, but give me the lead and I slow down

It's all good. I was just as happy cruising those roads as I was flying through them. Next time I'll have to do a scenic run to stop and take more photos

Haha I'm just giving you a hard time. My tires were squealing like a bish anyways. Stupid all seasons needed more air to shut em up. Those guys up ahead were better than 80-90 on some parts from what I heard.

Apparently a Subaru was doing around 110 at some point in time.

Last edited:
That's the other thing. I'll go way faster following quick guys than leading or driving on my own. Something about seeing any other car go through a corner at higher speeds than what I would normally believe I can do makes me think I can do it too. Haha. I'll chase people down all day, but give me the lead and I slow down

Exactly, I liked following as it gave me an idea of how hard to push myself. The Dragon is definitely much more fun driving it in a group.

I don't mind leading, if I am feeling ok. Hopefully next year there won't be lingering pain. I probably won't do a spring meet this year as I will be at Road Atlanta in March.

Back