Broken lumbar support again?

T.T

St.Charles M.O
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
sedan
Searched site and found out about the broken lumbar support brace,(so not just his car) in the front drivers seat of my kids 2013 Si, so I took my son to dealership Friday to drop off the car. Jr. took him out on road and they heard it. (yeah). Honda had the car all day and Jr. took my car, so I got a lift to go get it. (2012 civic Ex, no popping in lumbar). Rep said they glued it back and its fixed, and after I told him there were a few people on line with same problem, he said he checked and actually had two with same problem but no recall from Honda yet. (Get in my sons car, went to end of dealers lot, turned and ran out of GAS!!!!.). Back to the seat, Sunday morning and 200 miles later it broke again, Honda has the car again, with no recall or new seat design nothing they can do.(there fixing it again) The car was built 4 months ago so its not my son. Any ideas? Should I ask the dealer put in new seat? Suggestions would be appreciated.. Thank you. T.T

It would qualify for lemon law if they try to fix it 3 times and the issue still isn't resolved. You could try to get a new seat, but I'm sure they'll be reluctant to go that route when they can try to "glue" it or whatever. I'm not sure what else to say

I have no idea how it is glued...... I'd think some zip-ties would be a better way to go, if that would work.

I think you might have a good shot at getting a new seat. After 3 fixes they should replace rather than fix.

Picked the car up last night. I was told the noise is a normal characteristic of vehicle. So they put rubber piece over the bar and lubed the lumbar support spring so it wont stick. Then told me, and typed on the work order that there is no recall as of yet and no guarantee it will work. I'm still in a befuddled state, it's a characteristic of the vehicle?! Honda knows and has done nothing and I should live with it? Maybe my uncle should have just lived with his Pinto in the seventies! I guess I can find the number for American Honda on this site. :pat:

if you can back the claim up (cause they check) tell them how you're a loyal honda customer. Im dealing with a out of warranty repair Honda of America is actually considering paying for simply because my family has had 9 hondas. The rep went and looked up all our registrations going back to at least 1990.

if you can back the claim up (cause they check) tell them how you're a loyal honda customer. Im dealing with a out of warranty repair Honda of America is actually considering paying for simply because my family has had 9 hondas. The rep went and looked up all our registrations going back to at least 1990.
Nice , Honda 4 life.... with Recaro seats ;).

Here I go again. Called Honda Customer service (thanks for #webby), brought car back to dealership. HCS gave me a case number and will get back to me Wednesday 11/13/13. But what I don't understand is how a car three months out of the factory and 4,000 miles and an extended warranty, the dealer says seat/ interior is not covered?? Any thoughts?

Guy from indianapolis on an 8th gen si-

"I just got my seats, armrest and center console replaced under warranty. I opened up a case with Honda so if it happens again they will warranty it since they said they will only warranty it once. My seats were actually fraying and my armrests were basically completely flat. Looks like I will be putting towels over my seats for now on."

I know I've seen others have "seat issues" & they were replaced under warranty unless it was user abuse...ie cutting fabric etc.

Here I go again. Called Honda Customer service (thanks for #webby), brought car back to dealership. HCS gave me a case number and will get back to me Wednesday 11/13/13. But what I don't understand is how a car three months out of the factory and 4,000 miles and an extended warranty, the dealer says seat/ interior is not covered?? Any thoughts?
Are you 200 lbs. + ..... if so that may be why they're going that route. I still think we could fix it better ourselves with some zip tyes.

Sometimes, if the tech has an on going issue with a car he or she will call Honda tech support, service engineering - what have you- to try and find a solution for the customer complaint. Usually the response of "characteristic" means that the complaint cannot be corrected without re-engineering a part, or parts, or a process. All manufacturers have a complaint vs cost threshold which may result in a fix through a Service Bulletin and or a warranty extension. (A re-call is strictly for safety related issues). If a this time Honda chooses for whatever reason not to address the seat issues then the service engineering tells the tech "its characteristic" (no fix). Starting a file with CR may help... but quite often CR has zero knowledge at the technical level. I've seen it where Honda may offer a one off fix - ie if it works - great - if not you are SOL and have no further recourse.

Back