Vanity Sun Visor Mirror Lights

2013SiSedan

Toronto
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Does anyone know where to start when it comes to installing lights on the visor mirrors, facing the person who is using the visor. Ideally, they'd turn on when opening the visor mirror cover, and would turn off when closing said cover.

aX8U5Ea.jpg

I had to look at what the 9th gen visors look like..... do they not have a light/mirror under the flap there? Or just a mirror/no light?

Mine doesn't, so I'm assuming they don't, unless there's a trim other than the Si that does :-/

Wifey would certainly like this mod. She didn't really like my other interior lights. I don't get it. :hmmm?:

I'm sure curious about this one.
th_popcorncat.gif

Does anyone know where to start when it comes to installing lights on the visor mirrors, facing the person who is using the visor. Ideally, they'd turn on when opening the visor mirror cover, and would turn off when closing said cover.
I think I have found a solution to your problem. I was at my dealership today and sat in a 2013 Accord. I noticed both visors had lit vanity mirrors. They look like a perfect fit, but this would need to be verified.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Hmm, anyone have access to an Accord in order to measure the dimensions of its sun visors? ;-)

Wel
Hmm, anyone have access to an Accord in order to measure the dimensions of its sun visors? ;-)
well, you could bring a measuring tape to a dealership. In fact, I would suggest that because the material on the visor is not exactly the same. The material seems like it should go very well with the Civic interior. If you go to the dealership and like them, you could confirm the fitment with a parts person and order them.

Pauly, thanks for that. I think I just might give that a go the next time I take my car in for service. I appreciate the suggestion, and will advise how it went once I get a chance to check it out :)

The Accord visors do not fit- the hinge-to-latch distance is different. The 2013-2015 ILX visors have the same hinge-to-latch distance, but might be a tight fit in the Civic slots. The good news is the ILX visors have an illuminated version of the Civic mirrors that fit on the Civic visors. You will need to do some wiring in your car whatever you do. I'm currently working on getting illuminated and padded visors in my 2014 Hybrid. I have the wiring set up but haven't quite gotten the ILX mirror transplanted into my visors yet. I'll keep this forum posted.

Back