2014 coupe rear spoiler

Okay. Only because I'm not to sure on the lingo but I assume that the garnish is the trunk piece that allows for the mounting of the wing. And the torsion rods are what I'm assuming will prevent the trunk slamming with the wing mounted. However, if I did want to replace the torsion rods, can I purchase new "heavy duty" rods ? And if so, where and can I install it myself?

Okay. Only because I'm not to sure on the lingo but I assume that the garnish is the trunk piece that allows for the mounting of the wing. And the torsion rods are what I'm assuming will prevent the trunk slamming with the wing mounted. However, if I did want to replace the torsion rods, can I purchase new "heavy duty" rods ? And if so, where and can I install it myself?
sorry man theres another thread about this and i get them confused on what was said already and whatnot. the garnish is the bit of your trunk thats plastic (the final part of your trunk). and yeah the tortion bars are the bars in your trunk that pop it open when you pull the lever or push your button. as far as the diy should be simple enough but the bars require a special tool i think.

sorry man theres another thread about this and i get them confused on what was said already and whatnot. the garnish is the bit of your trunk thats plastic (the final part of your trunk). and yeah the tortion bars are the bars in your trunk that pop it open when you pull the lever or push your button. as far as the diy should be simple enough but the bars require a special tool i think.
Fair enough. I appreciate the response. Now I'm just going to think about what I'm gonna do

It's finally done! i just cut the tabs off, drilled some holes and BOOM! 2014 spoiler on the 2012

Attachments

• 20140425_203020.jpg
    20140425_203020.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 101
  • 20140425_203057.jpg
    20140425_203057.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
  • 20140426_093305.jpg
    20140426_093305.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 96
  • 20140426_093324.jpg
    20140426_093324.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
  • 20140426_093339.jpg
    20140426_093339.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 111
  • 20140426_093350.jpg
    20140426_093350.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 109
  • 20140426_093409.jpg
    20140426_093409.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 108
What year garnish did you use ?
i have the 2012 non-Si garnish (whichever has the brake light in it) I can't remember if it's EX or LX. The 2014 garnish is the same thing except it has 2 slots in it for tabs on the spoiler. I just cut them off.

In this picture you can see the garnish with the slots and you can see the tabs on the spoiler itself. and of course the holes in the trunk

Attachments

• TS84B5511.png
    TS84B5511.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 40
You are a amazing help in this... Exactly what parts were ordered, I'm doing this ASAP. I want to make sure I got everything,also are the torsion rods strong enough?

i have the 2012 non-Si garnish (whichever has the brake light in it) I can't remember if it's EX or LX. The 2014 garnish is the same thing except it has 2 slots in it for tabs on the spoiler. I just cut them off.

In this picture you can see the garnish with the slots and you can see the tabs on the spoiler itself. and of course the holes in the trunk
ex. lx is up in the glass :(

You are a amazing help in this... Exactly what parts were ordered, I'm doing this ASAP. I want to make sure I got everything,also are the torsion rods strong enough?
I have stock torsion bars, you'll lose a little weight going for the Si garnish to the EX garnish but you'll have more from the spoiler... the trunk does fall, but it's not enough weight to make it slam down. I don't use my trunk very much at all so it's not that big of a deal to me.
But if you're going to get a new garnish to begin with, i would definitely just go with the 2014 Si garnish so it actually has the slots for the tabs. That will definitely show you exactly where it needs to be mounted. I just went off pictures and eye balled mine, so i think mine is mounted about a half inch higher then it needs to be if at all. Not enough to notice at all so it's no biggy.

But yeah as for hardware, i just drive on down to my local Lowe's and picked up some 6mm bolts (as seen in the diagram in the above post) with washers and crush washers.
Another think to keep in mind: One of the nut plates on the spoiler goes into the spoiler (there's an opening behind the nutplate) so you can put a 2 inch bolt (probably longer, idk) all the way through it. The other nutplate goes into a dip on the spoiler so you can do what i did and cut the bolt down to size or just buy smaller bolts for those nutplates.

Another thing... the metal liner on the inside of the trunk makes it very difficult to get a bolt up through and into the spoiler. I just drilled holes into that (not very pretty, but no one's going to know unless they open my trunk).

And always remember to use some kind of sealant or touch-up paint when you drill the holes, to prevent rusting and leaks and what-not.

Thanks man,I'm going to get the 14 garnish..I'm surprised it didn't come with all the hardware.

Where did you order the garnish and wing from and are they paint matched for you or is that something I would have to do? Thinking about this being my next mod. It looks so much better than I thought it would and would allow me to tint over my third brake light for a cleaner rear glass look. GOD I'm SOON PUMPED to do this mod now :dancing:

I've priced j
It out with my dealer for low 400's I may order it today or tomorrow

One of the shop techs I work with asked another question that I'd like to know the answer to myself. Seeing as the new coupe wing can be used on the 12-13 coupe, would the si sedan wing also mount? He said he like the look of the higher sedan wing compared to the coupe and I think either would be nice. I'd like to know just for the sake of knowing but I believe I would still go for the coupe wing.

@Phroze how much did it all end up costing at the end of the day
well i bought the 2012 EX garnish from College Hills Hona for $290. The spoiler cost $235 from Hondapartsdeals.com. hardware from Lowe's cost me $5. Shipping was about $50 for each part (can't remember the exact total) but all in all... it probably cost a total of ~$650-700.

Back