Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

Yea I've seen this vid before. It's a good one for doing the basic change. But doesn't give any information about adding a zip tie to replace the black piece.

The boot goes up and down on the shift lever, right? I am not too familiar with the zip ties, but I put the rubber washers down the lever so it rests on the part of the lever that has the larger circumference. I then shimmied the boot back over the washers so it rested on them.

The boot goes up and down on the shift lever, right? I am not too familiar with the zip ties, but I put the rubber washers down the lever so it rests on the part of the lever that has the larger circumference. I then shimmied the boot back over the washers so it rested on them.

Okay I gotcha. I also noticed that the blox type R comes with a locking but that replaces the part we are discussing. It make be just easier to go with that and it will sit lower as well.

@cdistefano27

If you don't care about keeping the stock retainer in original condition, you can always grind it down so the knob fits over it. Then add a few washers to get it to sit right. End result would be that the knob is secured as well as the boot.

My NRG neo chrome knob came in, looks and feels awesome!!! Have to fix that damn boot though

Attachments

• IMAG0042.jpg
    IMAG0042.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 60
  • IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    909.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMAG0043.jpg
    IMAG0043.jpg
    909.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    838.6 KB · Views: 62
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    814.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    856.7 KB · Views: 65
I'm having a hell of a time getting the trim ring removed from my 14. Hence why I asked, if he didn't need to remove the lack bezel to access under the shift boot itself.

I've been trying rubber sink washers around the shift rod, but it doesn't hold tight enough.

I'm having a hell of a time getting the trim ring removed from my 14. Hence why I asked, if he didn't need to remove the lack bezel to access under the shift boot itself.

I've been trying rubber sink washers around the shift rod, but it doesn't hold tight enough.
The opening on the 9th gen boot is much larger than an 8th. Rubber grommets prolly won't be fat enough to hold the 9th up. Maybe try a rubber grommet/fender washer/rubber grommet sandwich at the top of the shifter?

As far as removing the "lack bezel," do you men the retaining ring? You use an open end wrench, like 14mm or something to hold it still, then twist the knob off. Then unscrew the retainer.

@spicy No ziptie, cut a piece of copper pipe and shove it in there and wrap it with electrical tape. It's hard to explain lol I'll get a picture of it and post it on here so you can get an idea

Sorry I should have auto corrected that lack bezel to be the black trim ring around the bottom of the leather boot that attaches to the center console.

On the 8ths and my 2012 the trim ring you could just pull up on and it would just pop off. This one does not and I don't want to break it.

Sorry I should have auto corrected that lack bezel to be the black trim ring around the bottom of the leather boot that attaches to the center console.

On the 8ths and my 2012 the trim ring you could just pull up on and it would just pop off. This one does not and I don't want to break it.
Oh, that comes off looking like this:

2d Boot.jpg

It's removed from underneath by a screw in each corner. That bezel holds the boot in place.

2d Boot 3.jpg

Yeah that is what i was afraid of. The 14 doesn't come apart the same way.

Damn it.

Back