Photos -- Official Honda Civic Shift Knob Pics Thread --

i hate living in IL. i wish i could use the HFP mats..they'd get ruined in a day from the **** weather we get. Weathertech Mats ftw

Thanks very much. I bet its cool there it would be cool place to visit. Where is it at if you dont mind me asking?

It's in Gimli Manitoba, very close to Winnipeg Manitoba. Which is about 2 hours north of Grand Forks North Dakota, or 10 hours north of Minneapolis.

In the summer it's a great place to visit. Tons of history, lots of sights and tourist attractions. And a great inland beach, the largest in the world, in Grand Beach.

It's in Gimli Manitoba, very close to Winnipeg Manitoba. Which is about 2 hours north of Grand Forks North Dakota, or 10 hours north of Minneapolis.

In the summer it's a great place to visit. Tons of history, lots of sights and tourist attractions. And a great inland beach, the largest in the world, in Grand Beach.
Might have to take a vacation there someday

Well here you go
8e5upy7a.jpg

Last edited:
My shift boot is now in final product. Got rid of gold string.
use2ahyq.jpg

Now just gotta get some other purple like powdercoat my knob and extender and then my door inserts some custom purple would be cool. Not too loud. Might go look around at hobby lobby next payday.

How do you get the boot to reach the bottom of the knob without that black piece underneath? I am confused on how this works. I want to get a Type R knob but the black piece underneath stock knob seems like it will be in the way of the extra countersunk thread. Is there a way to bring the boot up without taking out the whole center console?

The black piece actually comes off.

My countersunk knob goes all the way down and reaches the boot. Just put some rubber washers or a zip tie below the boot ring so it won't sag.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401939766.996930.jpg

How would I be able to do that without taking out the whole console and getting underneath the boot?

Here is a video of the process:

View: http://youtu.be/CFylC_3ImYI?t=20s

He just takes off the knob, but the black part twists off just like the knob does. The initial jiggling down of the boot was kind of annoying for me; it took around 10 or 15 minutes to actually get down. Patience is key.

Here's the stock assembly fully off.

huza6amu.jpg

Here is a video of the process:

View: http://youtu.be/CFylC_3ImYI?t=20s

He just takes off the knob, but the black part twists off just like the knob does. The initial jiggling down of the boot was kind of annoying for me; it took around 10 or 15 minutes to actually get down. Patience is key.

Here's the stock assembly fully off.

huza6amu.jpg

Yea I've seen this vid before. It's a good one for doing the basic change. But doesn't give any information about adding a zip tie to replace the black piece.

Back