Rasky's work! :)

’63 Impala, Paint Correction and Americoat Application

This car was a referral from another client of mine and was scheduled for a 2-step correction and coating. The car was restored a few years back but had been in and out of a few different shops for various work and it looks like they weren’t very careful around the paint, and I’m sure the years of using a duster on it didn’t help either. Upon inspection it was clear it was going to need far more work and many of the scratches were actually pretty deep. Considering the severity of the defects I chose to wet sand them with 3000 grit vs. hitting them really hard with the rotary and twisted wool.
These scratches could easily be seen under the overhead florescent lights, which is usually not the case with light /moderate swirls.

Using the Fenix LED.

I hit all the tops with 3000 grit, DA and by hand.

My make shift sanding block for the curved section on the tops of the fenders, doors, and quarter panels. Thanks for the idea Jason Killmer! :)

Some 50/50 shots, final polishing still needed to be done. Buffer trails were from the body shop

Finished pics

These were removed for polishing

Thanks for looking,
Rasky

1987 GNX, Paint Correction and Americoat Application

I love these cars! :)
Having owned a G Body car myself, I was very excited to work on this one. The paint condition was about average for a black car of this age, but a few panels had been resprayed at different times over the years, and a few of them presented me with one of the most challenging paints I’ve ever had to finish down on. After pulling my hair out trying many, many different combinations of pads, polishes, tools, and techniques, I found a process that worked on those few finicky panels.

50/50, final polish still needed to be done

Some little piggies in a few areas that I wet sanded with 3000.

TA50 doing work on all the tight areas

So when can we expect to see a gopro setup in the garage? Live webcam footage we can hook into :waiting:

So when can we expect to see a gopro setup in the garage? Live webcam footage we can hook into :waiting:

I actually thought about setting up one whenever I get my addition built. It would be for the owners only though and would likely require a password. ;)

Black Jeep Rubicon, Major Paint Correction, and CQuartz Finest Coating Application.

I know it’s supposed to be a “Jeep thing”, and I do get it, but I still really dislike polishing these vehicles, and I’m sure most detailers will agree. This off road king will be the 2nd vehicle I’ve done for this client now. This vehicle gets used to go to the cabin a lot, seeing its share of bugs, sap, and other harsh elements, so he wanted to get her all polished up, looking good, and then protected with CQuartz Finest. As you can see from the pics, this Jeep required a good amount of polishing to get it back to like new, and with all those tight areas and protruding hinges, not to mention all the trim, this one took a lot of time as well.

Before (Don’t look so bad in the shade)

50/50 shots (some deep RIDS remained)

After with Fenix LED

Large aperture

Small aperture

Thanks for looking,

Rasky

That looks awesome! Too bad they are gonna take it off road right away and bang it all up again. Were those "rubicon" letters on the hood under the clear or is that a sticker?

^ Ones I've seen were stickers over the clear. I hate to think what that jeep will look like after just one trip into the woods. Looks amazingly clean.

That looks awesome! Too bad they are gonna take it off road right away and bang it all up again. Were those "rubicon" letters on the hood under the clear or is that a sticker?

They were just decals. ;)

Back