Reviews on skunk2 cold air

vitviper has said that the prl intake is the only one that has shown any gains over stock after tuning

So the skunk 2 has no gains at all? I highly doubt that lol.
lol yeah bro. Aside from the PRL, everything else pretty much just makes a really nice noise.
There was a thead that Vit posted that shows intakes other than PRL loosing power over stock or staying relatively close to stock.

Does the PRL CAI also sounds nice? When I had my Injen CAI the Vtec crossover war really loud and sex in my ears. On the first day when I installed my CAI my mileage dropped to 20 mpg.:driving:

lol yeah bro. Aside from the PRL, everything else pretty much just makes a really nice noise.
There was a thead that Vit posted that shows intakes other than PRL loosing power over stock or staying relatively close to stock.

That's one interpretation of what I said... Webby quoted exactly what I said:

"only intake I have seen to date that gained power is the PRL". To be fair to Skunk, I have not personally tested their intake on a car, so I can't say one way or another about it, but the typical 'hit the market first' intakes like Takeda, K&N, Injen, etc, are not very good.

Hell the PRL only got us 4 hp... I can't imagine any intake making power on this car. The power is had with the exhaust side and a tune.

"only intake I have seen to date that gained power is the PRL". To be fair to Skunk, I have not personally tested their intake on a car, so I can't say one way or another about it, but the typical 'hit the market first' intakes like Takeda, K&N, Injen, etc, are not very good.

Hell the PRL only got us 4 hp... I can't imagine any intake making power on this car. The power is had with the exhaust side and a tune.

Word to the big bird:thumbsup:

Hmm...interesting. The reason I say is because before my skunk 2 cai I would get beat by this turbo charged Saab constantly lol and after the install I pull a car and half on him everytime lol so there has to be some gain

You beat a turbo just by adding the Skunk2 CAI? Or you got exhaust and FP with tune?

attachment.php

292329d1357304755-subaru-sti-owners-giant-turbo.jpg

And ^^^ is why I left my airbox stock, and just did exhaust/DP for now

Back