10th Generation Honda Civic Spied Testing

2dwTeEb.jpg

looks like the thing doubled in size if they're really saying this is the next civic. Looks WAY too big. I know they've grown the civic and accord over the generations, but this seems absurd.

I know you're not supposed to be able to see the body lines with that vinyl, but to me I doesn't look like it changed all that much. I just hope they didn't change the engine again, I'd be upset if it's more powerful.

I know you're not supposed to be able to see the body lines with that vinyl, but to me I doesn't look like it changed all that much. I just hope they didn't change the engine again, I'd be upset if it's more powerful.

Ummm...hasn't every generation increased the power?

2dwTeEb.jpg

looks like the thing doubled in size if they're really saying this is the next civic. Looks WAY too big. I know they've grown the civic and accord over the generations, but this seems absurd.
Seems like honda wants to keep up with its consumers...if consumers keep growing in size so will cars

non-Si engine went from the D series to the R series. 130 to 140 hp respectively.

Si engines were still K20's, but different variants. 160 to 197hp from 7th to 8th.

Looks beefy. Surely gas mileage will be affected.
The style is more American looking than European looking. Reminds me of an Accord.

Last edited:
numerous sources posted almost identical info about a week ago or so -

2016 Acura ILX motor

It appears that mechanical piece of 2016 ILX will experience a few changes as well. The base 2.0 liter motor with 150 stallions is going to be supplanted. Overhauled model will get new 2.0 liter turbocharged motor, utilize additionally for new Civic Type R, which will have most extreme yield in excess of 300 hp. On the other side 2.4 liter motor with 201 hp will remain, yet it will presumably take the spot of cordial 2.0 liter unit as base variation.
===

If they're really putting a detuned 2L turbo in the car from the type r, the civic will likely copy.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2016-ilx-getting-the-new-civic-type-r-engine.12261/

cross1.jpg

both run dual exhausts - lights are very similar - license plate area just looks flipped upside down for design - shark fin antenna on roof area

more to come

civic wipers are reversed
JKlEwzu.jpg

wipers are running parallel
mrO8Tws.jpg

crosstour wipers - run parallel
i8Nt3bJ.jpg

more to come

Take of that thing they put on the hood and it reminds me of this Hyundai Genesis, especially the rear. Fastback Mustang influence too.

image.jpg image.jpg

Back