Dash cams

lockednloaded

Connecticut
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Not sure where to put this thread so please move it if need be. Sorry if it's in the wrong spot.

Anyway, as the title says, anybody running a dash cam in their car? If so, what model/kind is it?

I've been considering getting one to put in the car just to cover myself if anything was to happen to myself or the car or anything in general really. I almost had a car run me off the road the other day on the highway. He decided to merge into the left lane without looking(I'm assuming) and luckily i caught him out of the corner of my eye and slammed on my brakes and was able to avoid anything. But would have been nice to have a dash cam to cover me if anything did happen.

I'm looking at a model on Amazon for $80 called "the black box". It records to a 32gig sd card and has a small 1.5 inch playback display on it.

Anyway. What are you guys thoughts on this?

I have a SJ4000 installed and hardwired. It records in 10 min intervals (option) and has an automatic recording when the I start the car.
10484932_10152082278827168_9080352835153461989_o.jpg

"it records in 10min intervals".....whaa? Like records 10min and then pauses for 10.... then resumes recording? Or what does that mean

"it records in 10min intervals".....whaa? Like records 10min and then pauses for 10.... then resumes recording? Or what does that mean

Any pause regardless if it's 1 second could be an issue.. Something bad can happen while the recording is paused.

Means the files are in 10min segments.

So is their a brief pause? If so that's not good..

There's like 10second overlap in between the 10min recordings.

You can get ones with accelerometers too. Like when you are parked, and the camera senses movement it'll start recording. It's good for protection from for people that are bad parallel parkers.

I've got a hardwired Mobius dashcam with the wide angle lens. It's mounted to the windshield in front of my rearview mirror. It's super stealthy and slick, and puts out 1080p@30fps.

:bump:

Would like to see actual videos from members of their dash cams in action.[emoji106]

:bump:

Would like to see actual videos from members of their dash cams in action.[emoji106]

You can see on youtube plenty of dashcam videos from Russia. some wild stuff there :thumbsup:

Back