2015 Spring Meet (May) - Dragon Territory

@Cbland13Si.... @death_roll has provided the best description of the Sport AS/3's i've ever seen. They'd be great for year round, except Dragon driving. For that you might consider the summer tires he's looking at, the re11 or z2.
I did see that. Thank you. I'm definitely looking at the PSS but will take a look at the RE11's and the Z2's

@Nix

Edit: The Subaru Meet is the week before the dates you posted in the 1st post.

Annual Boxer Takeover @ the Dragon... MAY 9TH 2015 Subaru's :giggle:

191 people "going" according to the Facebook event -> https://www.facebook.com/events/700094726731867/ ( http://annualboxertakeover.com/ )

Make sure you don't plan on going down there anytime around their meet.

But yes, we're still scheduled for the 15th - 22nd, although most of the itinerary is way east of the Dragon around The Diamondback, Snake, and Mighty Python. Heck, maybe we'll even do The Rattler just to get all the snakes in.

I did see that. Thank you. I'm definitely looking at the PSS but will take a look at the RE11's and the Z2's

I love my RE-11's but they are wearing very very quickly. You can expect 10-15k miles out of them. I recommend you the PSS. That's what I'm probably getting next just for more longevity. I had to know what the top tires were like though. I could not resist. Best tire I've ever used but the wear..... so short.... And they are sucky in the rain even though they are supposed to be decent.

Also @bootyluvr - definitely thanks for the heads up on that. We will most likely not even be in the Dragon area and hopefully avoid all that mess.

I love my RE-11's but they are wearing very very quickly. You can expect 10-15k miles out of them. I recommend you the PSS. That's what I'm probably getting next just for more longevity. I had to know what the top tires were like though. I could not resist. Best tire I've ever used but the wear..... so short.... And they are sucky in the rain even though they are supposed to be decent.

Damn the PSS's are expensive for 18" wheels... :( Set of 4: $936.00 (+ shipping)

Also @bootyluvr - definitely thanks for the heads up on that. We will most likely not even be in the Dragon area and hopefully avoid all that mess.

No problem. From reading their website and also the Subaru forums it seems pretty organized for how big it is actually. Not that I would want to be down around that area with the potential of 200 or so Subaru's/other vehicles though lol

Not that I would want to be down around that area with the potential of 200 or so Subaru's/other vehicles though lol

But there will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many blue cars!!!!!!!

Reactions: Nix
I love my RE-11's but they are wearing very very quickly. You can expect 10-15k miles out of them.
That many miles would be awesome.... I rip through my summer tires in maybe 6k miles [emoji41]

Reactions: Nix
191 subies? I wouldn't want even 91. But what group ever stays more than 7 days, seriously? If they start on the 9th as planned, they'll be long gone by the time we enter the area on the 18th - 20th.
Actually, I think the subies are good news. Big events draw attention. And with the LEO's chasing blue cars the week before (no officer, it was the OTHER blue car!) a majority of LEO's will be taking time off before the long Memorial Weekend when it's "all hands on deck" for their sobriety check points and such.

That's why we liked this time slot last year. Didn't see a single LEO all week... until we were finished with our last Dragon that final Thursday morning. As we left, 6 bogeys drove right past us.

@Cbland13Si

Chase... you don't have 18's do you? The PSS are $100 more a pop on the 18's versus 17's. The way we go through tires? No thanks.

Last edited:
@Cbland13Si

Chase... you don't have 18's do you? The PSS are $100 more a pop on the 18's versus 17's. The way we go through tires? No thanks.
No sir! I'm lucky to have the 17's. $670 out the door as of now. But Michelin runs like a $70 mail in rebate every so often. So I'm hoping when I go to purchase them they will be running that rebate.

No sir! I'm lucky to have the 17's. $670 out the door as of now. But Michelin runs like a $70 mail in rebate every so often. So I'm hoping when I go to purchase them they will be running that rebate.

I turned mine back in after 22,000 miles (30,000 warranty) because Costco said they were "beyond service limits" and got a huge credit on my next set. Ended up paying $105.00/each on the replacements. Won't buy them anywhere but Costco now.

I turned mine back in after 22,000 miles (30,000 warranty) because Costco said they were "beyond service limits" and got a huge credit on my next set. Ended up paying $105.00/each on the replacements. Won't buy them anywhere but Costco now.
That's awesome. I am a Costco member so that will definitely be what I do!

That's awesome. I am a Costco member so that will definitely be what I do!

@Cbland13Si

More on the PSS. I stopped by MN and PA on my way to the Dragon last time. So of the 22,000 miles about 7,000 was just traveling to and from the Dragon... easy freeway miles. If all you do is Dragon-type stuff... "your mileage may vary" as they say. And the way YOU drive?! Hope for 15,000.

Sub'd. Will look at more in depth when not at work.

Whoa! :omg: Did someone text/Facebook/email you this thread? lol

191 subies? I wouldn't want even 91. But what group ever stays more than 7 days, seriously? If they start on the 9th as planned, they'll be long gone by the time we enter the area on the 18th - 20th.
Actually, I think the subies are good news. Big events draw attention. And with the LEO's chasing blue cars the week before (no officer, it was the OTHER blue car!) a majority of LEO's will be taking time off before the long Memorial Weekend when it's "all hands on deck" for their sobriety check points and such.

Hey now! What's wrong with Subies? :cornmad: :giggle:

I want a drone so I can fly it like this around down there!! :excited:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWQ4J0c7pI0

They went to our same waterfall spot!!

24y4n5x.jpg

Hey... I got nothing wrong with any of them. :hiding: As long as I'm driving one.

.... about that drone. Betcha someday one of us will volunteer as a drone pilot, staying in the back and trailing us as we drive.... then keeping the drone overhead and recording every curve. Probably wouldn't be that hard.

Back