Type R Teaser

CarAndDriver and many other publications tested the 9th gen at 6.5-6.8 sec to 60. So about a second quicker maybe to 60?

@webby
Rolling shots...

aan.sized.jpg

aao.sized.jpg

aaq.sized.jpg

aar.sized.jpg

I really like this car. Just noticed the rear door handle. That's nicely done. Just wish they kept the devil horn like spoiler from the concept car.

Last edited:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpwlxzjW0EE

http://www.*************/auto-news/2015/03/honda-civic-type-r-sets-7-50-nurburgring-lap-time.html

By comparison, according to the Wikipedia page that documents these feats, a Ferrari F430 has run a 7:55 while a 997 generation Porsche 911 Turbo managed a 7:54. The new Civic Type R is just 10 seconds off Porsche’s new Cayman GT4.

Until now the fastest lap time for a front-drive at the ‘Ring was a 7:54.36 achieved by the Renault Mégane RS 275 Trophy-R.

Though the Civic used was a development prototype, Honda says it had "a standard state of engine tune, with suspension, drivetrain, exhaust, brakes and the aerodynamic package identical to those of the production Civic Type R." It dumped the air conditioning and added a roll cage, but otherwise that was it. The tires come from "a major European tire manufacturer"; Honda left that information specifically vague.

To put the new Civic Type R in relation to past cars:
it's faster than the old NSX-R & S2000 in terms of lap times. It beats the old R33 GT-R, the original 2008 test of the GT-R, and it's 1 second slower than the C6 Z06 Corvette.

A roll cage can increase rigidity and will definitely increase the car's handling. I would prefer seeing an actual production Type-R getting a test run. So I'm guessing that the tire might be some sort of high performance Pirelli P-zeros.

I don't know if I can find it, but I do recall one video saying they had major issues with lap times due to weather at one point

I really like this car. Just noticed the rear door handle. That's nicely done. Just wish they kept the devil horn like spoiler from the concept car.
I've been looking really closely at concept pictures Vs production pics.. Looks like they kept the original design and there might be a "devil horn" after market spoiler/taillights. The shape where the Concept spoiler/Tails fits is the exact same as the production model.
Looks to be a Trunk and Tailight swap

honda-civic-type-r-rear_2.jpg itok=KnwFrjJx.jpg
aaq.sized.jpg

So, looks like we have to wait until April 1st to get the dusappointing confirmation that this car won't be coming......

"On April 1st, 2015 Honda of North America is going to hold a press conference in New York City a few days before the NYC Auto Show begins."

I was told that it's already been confirmed that we are not getting the type R in North America

I've been looking really closely at concept pictures Vs production pics.. Looks like they kept the original design and there might be a "devil horn" after market spoiler/taillights. The shape where the Concept spoiler/Tails fits is the exact same as the production model.
Looks to be a Trunk and Tailight swap

View attachment 45548
View attachment 45549
I wish Honda would of molded the the wheel arches into the body rather than having an "add on" look of an aftermarket piece. Looks a lot better/cleaner in the concept.

Makes me think of the Subaru wheel arch molding...but painted

l4FCUAA.jpg

Back