Engine knock

fb6danny

Cutting corners.
Houston
Vehicle Model
Honda
Body Style
Civic Si
I recommend you guys not to use the reflash tune it ruined my car. I was waiting to tune my car after I got I/h/e and get tuned and my car didn't except it I'm going to part out my car and go back to stock and buy something else it will be too expensive to fix my car and not worth the hassle easier to get rid of. My heart dropped when my tuner couldn't do anything about it he tried everything. So sad I really loved my si. And I don't think I'm going to get another si because it would be to tempting to slap everything I have onto the new one I'm looking for reliability now not performance. Lesson learned.... Just a heads up you guys.

You can't just leave us with that post without explaining what happened. I have a hard time believing your engine blew on the reflash based on your mods. A handful of people ran the reflash prior to being tuned with your exact mods. Who tried tuning the car? What exactly is wrong with the car?

You can't just leave us with that post without explaining what happened. I have a hard time believing your engine blew on the reflash based on your mods. A handful of people ran the reflash prior to being tuned with your exact mods. Who tried tuning the car? What exactly is wrong with the car?
Engine hasn't blown it has a really really bad knock and I don't think I can fix it with just a simple tune my tuner thinks I got a really really bad batch of gas. He fixed what he could but I just started hearing the knock again. Basically after the reflash I got a downpipe ran fine. Then I got the prl Sri and I ran it like that and my check engine light came on and it said I was running rich and then before I tuned I ran lean but car lost significant power and exhaust was bolted up and I took it to tune and he asked me if I wasn't putting premium because I had a bad knock I told him I was and he said he fixed it to what he could do and he gave me instructions to empty out the gas and put a new batch swap spark plugs get an oil change and he would do further testing. But I'm scared to drive the car in it's current shape my system is lean again and I heard loud knocks after his tune once again and I'm thinking my internals were damaged for running it on the reflash in the mean time. I'm not leaving you guys I'm just informing y'all to check y'all's car and tune correct I understand now why vit hates the 2012s

Reactions: Nix
My car probably had something wrong when I got it idk but after the intake my car went poop. image.jpgMy car struggled to make 200whp I only got 188 stock si get like 177whp if I'm not mistaken and my first run was 163whp just to show you how poor my car ran on the reflash

This was with prl Sri ultimate racing downpipe and exhaust

Do you have a full flash pro tune or just the reflash? I bet Vit could probably sort out a lot of it for you. I doubt you did any real damage. The car has a pretty good knock sensor and will back itself off to prevent damage, from what I know.

@VitViper - You may want to contact Vit and start working on a tune if you can.

edit: that still sucks though. Sorry to hear about the trouble.

Do you have a full flash pro tune or just the reflash? I bet Vit could probably sort out a lot of it for you. I doubt you did any real damage. The car has a pretty good knock sensor and will back itself off to prevent damage, from what I know.

@VitViper - You may want to contact Vit and start working on a tune if you can.

edit: that still sucks though. Sorry to hear about the trouble.
I was tuning local to get my car going with a local tuner he has experience with Hondas his name is huy tran he's with inline racing.

You have the logs and tune that he had you using still? I'd honestly upload it and let Vit see it. I'm not saying your tuner did a bad job, but Vit could potentially spot and fix your issue completely.

You have the logs and tune that he had you using still? I'd honestly upload it and let Vit see it. I'm not saying your tuner did a bad job, but Vit could potentially spot and fix your issue completely.
I should it's on my flashpro....

But my tuner also said to swap the spark plugs out chevron 93 gas and change the oil to full synthetic and after that He'll do further tunes till he's happy.

Are you actually hearing the engine knock? Or is your tuner just telling you this. I don't know of the specific tuner you mentioned, but every tuner out there says they're the best and have a gazillion years experience. It wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion before parting out and getting rid of the car because it sounds like a tuning issue to all of us. The car can pull enough timing to compensate for low quality gas without knocking. If its an audible knocking the tuner should be able to tell you exactly whats causing it and how to fix it.

But my tuner also said to swap the spark plugs out chevron 93 gas and change the oil to full synthetic and after that He'll do further tunes till he's happy.
Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember being told that for some reason you can't run full synthetic oil in this car.

Did you hear the engine knocks before you went to the tuner or after? Last week on Saturday I installed PRL short ram intake and q300 exhaust and had no issues for the next few days. Then on Tuesday morning I drove for 15 miles and check engine light came on. I called Jeff from Evans Tuning (some of you probably know who he is) and then on Thursday morning I drove to his shop and he tuned my car on the dyno.

You said something about the fuel. Maybe you put the regular instead of premium by accident? I honestly don't know how you can damage your engine with few aftermarket parts. Either your tuner did something wrong or you're not telling us the truth. Also check your spark plugs.

My car had a bad rod bearing from running lean on reflash tune no further tuning can be done my car started smoking from it. Wasn't the bolt ons just how my car reacted with the parts and the reflash.

That doesn't make sense. The ReFlash is known to run rich. Even with boltons, it shouldn't have swung that drastically to the opposite end of the spectrum.

That doesn't make sense. The ReFlash is known to run rich. Even with boltons, it shouldn't have swung that drastically to the opposite end of the spectrum.
Yea I know man. I guess each car acts different. It doesn't make sense to me either. I'm going back to stock and I'm gonna let honda investigate it. I'll sell the parts whether they fix it or not. I just want a normal car now after this scare.

Back