question about CAI

sickr18

So I have a 2014 ex sedan with the r18, I just bought a CAI cheap one off eBay. But now I keep hearing about people getting check engine lights. can someone please explain what causes this to happen? Larger then 3" piping?

Where did you "hear" that? Also link to cheap CAI you got? You will need a tune to go with a 3.5" CAI. But again if youre too cheap to pay for a good CAI maybe you dont want to pay for tunning software+tune? I would search a little more if i was you...computer cant compensate for more air coming in so sends more fuel runs lean/rich

Where did you "hear" that? Also link to cheap CAI you got? You will need a tune to go with a 3.5" CAI. But again if youre too cheap to pay for a good CAI maybe you dont want to pay for tunning software+tune? I would search a little more if i was you...computer cant compensate for more air coming in so sends more fuel runs lean/rich

I heard from a few posts on this site. Also the piping is only 3" which is why I asked if it only throws the cell if it's bigger then 3". So that's why I'm asking if it will still throw a cell if it's only 3"

Reactions: Nix
You shouldn't have any issues but once you install it disconnect your battery for a minute, hook it back up, and let the car idle for a few minutes. The MAF sensor will adjust to the new airflow as will the ECU. The CEL is from the sensor not reading correctly or the diameter of the tubing being too large for the sensor to be able to read the air.

Back