What clutch should I buy?

clash0901

Okay so I know most of you haven't had to replace a clutch yet because the 9th is still a fairly new car.

Mine has 45k on it and is getting some warranty work done by Honda. The trans will be out and I was thinking to throw in a clutch while it's out. It makes sense because labor to remove and install the trans later will cost more than a new clutch most likely.

I want to 100% stay OEM flywheel. That is a must. But i'm wondering if there are any good options for stage 1, or if I should just get oem.

Also, can I just buy a new disc somewhere? I doubt I need a new pressure plate...

Thanks 9th!

@squiggy probably has some answers for me lol

If you don't plan on going forced induction, just stick with the stock clutch. Honestly, though, Your clutch should easily last 100k+ miles and I wouldn't bother having it replaced yet unless they notice you beat the hell out of it when they tear the tranny apart.

Lol. Well the previous owner definitely wasn't nice to the trans. That's why it's having the trans taken out for a second gear syncro and maybe even a whole gear set depending on what they see in there.

I was just trying to be proactive.

Lol. Well the previous owner definitely wasn't nice to the trans. That's why it's having the trans taken out for a second gear syncro and maybe even a whole gear set depending on what they see in there.

I was just trying to be proactive.

Yikes. yeah, might not be a bad idea to replace the clutch and possibly flywheel, but I would want to look at them first before making that decision.

Yikes. yeah, might not be a bad idea to replace the clutch and possibly flywheel, but I would want to look at them first before making that decision.

Honestly the tech is a good buddy and he will tell me everything I need without screwing me over. At the very least he recommends a clutch disc which wouldn't be very expensive with his discount. Probably under $80.

Flywheel he will have resurfaced. I was just curious if going stage 1 was a good idea or staying oem. Car will never make more power than intended under my ownership anyway.

Honestly the tech is a good buddy and he will tell me everything I need without screwing me over. At the very least he recommends a clutch disc which wouldn't be very expensive with his discount. Probably under $80.

Flywheel he will have resurfaced. I was just curious if going stage 1 was a good idea or staying oem. Car will never make more power than intended under my ownership anyway.

Stock clutch is good for 300whp and the feel/feedback in it is great as is.

Stay oem !!!!!! I just installed exedy clutch with chromoly fly and its been a nightmare!!!!!!!!
I just did the same and there my car sits
0fa36d635a3fee4910b868f406c8726b.jpg
waiting on the Flash Pro I bought from Boomba which is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Just got my 9thgen back on the road after bout 3 months downtime

A heads up make sure and keep battery voltage optimum during reflash process

If vehicle does not start chances r reflash process was interupted due to low vehicle voltage

If needed battery trickle charger can assist in piggy back while reflash process is completed.

Disconnect trickle charger before starting vehicle after reflash only if trixkle charger is needed

Tuning process involves via flashpro software unchecking evap obdll code boxes as well as misfire detection control

Just acouple pointers if u did infact go performance acyermarket clutch

If clutch is oem stock assembly further flashpro tuning is not required

So changing to a performance clutch requires tuning? or a lightweight flywheel? I just don't see the clutch itself affecting the tuning. Then again I'm new to all this requiring ecu tunes for minor mods.

So changing to a performance clutch requires tuning? or a lightweight flywheel? I just don't see the clutch itself affecting the tuning. Then again I'm new to all this requiring ecu tunes for minor mods.

A lightweight flywheel will cause a CEL.

That's what I figured but one of the replies mentioned getting an after market clutch was going to need tuning. That's what threw me off. I'm curious if Vit has a pretty good idea what parameters must be adjusted for a lighter flywheel. . .

Back