Welcoming new members

Hello, my name is Nate and I recently got a 2015 Si Sedan in orange (which most people are questionable about but I like it personally)

The pictures I have are when I first drove the car home. I have since done some basic cosmetic stuff to it. Planning on starting with a K&N cai soon.

IMG_5822-2.jpg

Welcome. What is your goal with the K&N? (which isn't really a CAI)

Yeah I didn't mean cai, I just meant the their air intake system. I'm still undecided about that or a different intake atm. I'm not looking for huge gains at this point so I have gotten mixed responses about what I should do first. Some say cai, exhaust, downpipe and tune, some say tune bone stock then retune after bolt ons, it's my first time really modding my vehicle so I'm not entirely sure where to start.

Yeah I didn't mean cai, I just meant the their air intake system. I'm still undecided about that or a different intake atm. I'm not looking for huge gains at this point so I have gotten mixed responses about what I should do first. Some say cai, exhaust, downpipe and tune, some say tune bone stock then retune after bolt ons, it's my first time really modding my vehicle so I'm not entirely sure where to start.

Biggest power gain (bolt-on) is going to be from a 3" DP and a tune. The only intakes you should consider are 3.5" (CAI makes a bit more power than an SRI). Any intake other than a 3.5" is going to sound good, but not make any power...and in some situations a cause a power LOSS. You cannot run a 3.5" intake without a tune. You shouldn't run a DP without a tune (reflash is ok temporarily).

Welcome to the site. I'd suggest flashpro & just run the reflash while you mod the car. Since you mention intake/downpipe/exhaust.... I'd save up and do most of them at once if you plan on doing them. Then do the tune. If you just want some driving fun, look at some lowering springs/thicker rear sway bar from progress (24mm).

Biggest power gain (bolt-on) is going to be from a 3" DP and a tune. The only intakes you should consider are 3.5" (CAI makes a bit more power than an SRI). Any intake other than a 3.5" is going to sound good, but not make any power...and in some situations a cause a power LOSS. You cannot run a 3.5" intake without a tune. You shouldn't run a DP without a tune (reflash is ok temporarily).

Welcome to the site. I'd suggest flashpro & just run the reflash while you mod the car. Since you mention intake/downpipe/exhaust.... I'd save up and do most of them at once if you plan on doing them. Then do the tune. If you just want some driving fun, look at some lowering springs/thicker rear sway bar from progress (24mm).

So if I combine both of your advice, I'm thinking I should save and buy tune w/ 3" dp and 3.5" cai all together? Or does exhaust need tune as well? (i.e. Skunk2 MegaPower)

So if I combine both of your advice, I'm thinking I should save and buy tune w/ 3" dp and 3.5" cai all together? Or does exhaust need tune as well? (i.e. Skunk2 MegaPower)

I, personally, would do it all at once. Not sure if there would be any tweaks needed or not if you installed an exhaust afterwards. Best exhaust choices would be Ultimate Racing or Full-Race.

I, personally, would do it all at once. Not sure if there would be any tweaks needed or not if you installed an exhaust afterwards. Best exhaust choices would be Ultimate Racing or Full-Race.

How about dp and cai? Any suggestions on those? (Links, brands, w/e)

@Michal006 - another orange one :)

4918861357_27246449_answer_1_xlarge.png

Hello everyone! Two weeks ago, I bought a 2012 Civic Si. Here is a pic of it and my excitement for owning one.
4da3ac7bc88336e236264f398a792e58.jpg
Hopefully you can see the image. I just sold my 1998 Civic EX which I've owned since 2002. I put 293 thousand miles on her. Perfect car for the time. Here is a pic of my old civic
f9280f9b1bd61bc7c2f2fcce3afa86fd.jpg

I really miss it but it's time to move on. I have intentions on doing a little work to my Si. Since I commute 100mi a day, I have to keep some of the mods simple and cost effective. Right now, I've installed weathertech floor mats, trunk liner, and LED lights. I'm an Aircraft electrician so my resources for anything electrical are pretty endless. I can't wait to be a great help and valuable asset to these forums.

Back