DIY 2012+ Civic Si Hasport Rear Motor Mount Installation

I find it vibrates just a little bit at idle, and then a bunch when first taking off, even taking off slowly, but I don't mind it

The initial acceleration vibration will reduce after the mount breaks in a bit, but won't go away completely. It isn't horrible by any means. If you give it just a bit more gas and get your rpms up before letting go of the clutch in first, you won't really notice it either. However, I did notice an odd vibration with the A/C on. Haven't duplicated it yet to find out what specific circumstances cause it though.

Interesting... Yea i'm waiting for the break in period, only 35 miles into it lol but I know it'll get better.

So I just put this on this past weekend. and OMG talk about awesome. Love this part. greatly recommend it. I used to have rattling from my exhaust and now thats gone because of this thing. I got the Extreme Race and LOVE IT!!!!!

Reactions: 323
Did the vibration let up at all since you installed it?? Hows it rinning now.?? I just got mine

Damn i got the street.. I have exhaust vibration i am trying to get rid of as well... Does anyone recommend i send it back and get the extreme race??

Did the vibration let up at all since you installed it?? Hows it rinning now.?? I just got mine

Yeah, it died down quite a bit after a while, but it is still there. At about 1000-1200 rpms you will notice it when taking off from a stop. Using the AC will also make the car vibrate a bit more.

Not unless you want to feel like you are always riding a motorcycle.
Ok cool.. Ill go with the street.. You like yours so ill go with that..
I have the prl kit.. And cc stage 4 clutch.. Now when i shift sometimes i hear a banging noise.. Sounds like the pipes hitting eachother because its so crouded under there now.. I really think this mount will solve that..

Ok cool.. Ill go with the street.. You like yours so ill go with that..
I have the prl kit.. And cc stage 4 clutch.. Now when i shift sometimes i hear a banging noise.. Sounds like the pipes hitting eachother because its so crouded under there now.. I really think this mount will solve that..

The mount will definitely stop the engine from moving so much and it being transferred to the exhaust.

Yea .. Definetly.. Ill let you know what i think.. Might not install for another week or 2..

Yeah, it died down quite a bit after a while, but it is still there. At about 1000-1200 rpms you will notice it when taking off from a stop. Using the AC will also make the car vibrate a bit more.

Same here. It also will vibrate after a cold start once it gets down to around 1000-1100 rpm.

Worth it though to stop the terrible engine movement. Shifting is now the joy it should be with such a nice 6 speed.

I just installed my rear motor mount and full race exhaust yesterday..
Is it me or does it feel like a little more resistance when you shift into gears?.. Epecially fourth... Even when im not even moving

The mount will definitely stop the engine from moving so much and it being transferred to the exhaust.
Is it recommended to use a torque wrench with tightening back up those bolts? Cause I just used all my force with a strong ratchet.

Is it recommended to use a torque wrench with tightening back up those bolts? Cause I just used all my force with a strong ratchet.

Step 8:
Put 17 mm engine frame bolt back in. (blue circle from above) Torque to 69 ftlbs

Step 9:
Align the bracket that goes onto the oil pan and thread all four of the bolts (red circles and arrow above) in by hand to get started. Tighten them up using the every other method and then torque to 62 ft lbs.

Step 8:
Put 17 mm engine frame bolt back in. (blue circle from above) Torque to 69 ftlbs

Step 9:
Align the bracket that goes onto the oil pan and thread all four of the bolts (red circles and arrow above) in by hand to get started. Tighten them up using the every other method and then torque to 62 ft lbs.
I guess what I meant is by me not using a torque wrench am I not getting the mounts full potential?

I guess what I meant is by me not using a torque wrench am I not getting the mounts full potential?

Torque everything properly always as far as I am concerned. I am not a fan of ignoring engineers.

"Over-torque can be...damaging because [of] failure of a nut or bolt from overstressing the fastener and secured areas."

i.e. the bolt can be sheared off under load. Not something I would want to happen with an engine mount.

Give this a little bump. Just did this today and what a pain for the top right bolt where the frame is in the way. Either way, felt the car start rumble right through the cabin, expected that. I have a muffler delete straight pipe from the res back. a quick rev up to 2k i feel it pretty good in the cabin. Beyond that, nothing changed between the old mount.

Although, shifting, rowing through the gears it just plants the power and I don't get a jerky feeling even when I know I did a clean shift. The through bolt btw from Hasport is a 7/8" which I'm lucky I had one. I also added grease aka Magnalube which I use for my AR-15, just a drop where it was metal to metal for the new install to prevent squeaking while its working in. Did the same on the top/bottom of the bushing and bushing housing so I don't ever have to go back under there.

Oh and also ratcheting wrenches will defiantly help. Took ~ 1hr 30 min.. Would've been done quicker but those bolts were a pain in the ***.

I find it vibrates just a little bit at idle, and then a bunch when first taking off, even taking off slowly, but I don't mind it

Got it installed yesterday. Can confirm slight vibration when taking off but goes away!

Back