positive and negative battery cables

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
I am looking into replacing my positive and negative battery cables. I am not getting a good connection with them now that I relocated my battery and it has caused it to strech the clamps from it being such I tight fit. And I have been having issues starting my car.
Dose anyone know of the wire diagram and the part #s of the two for a 2013 SI

Thanks I did not know about the discount.
I did find that negative one on there website but the positive one I am having a hard time getting. I found a few for the 8th Gen but I don't know how much of a deference there is between the 2. I really want to see if I will have to replace my whole harness or if there is away to just replace the clamps.

You can, if you're willing to cut and solder/butt connection some serious wire gauges, just extend your stock wires. You may want to look into welding supply websites for wire thick enough. Cutting the terminals and attaching new clamps is easy. However, getting 0/1/2 gauge wire is going to be a special order item. Same with the clamps. Measure them cause they aren't a standard size from my experience in doing battery related stuff. I could be wrong but its best to measure with these cars. They aren't GM/Ford products which is good and bad at the same time.

CHH is awesome for stock parts and accessories though.

I would like to try and not cut it unless I really had to. I don't have any check engine light on so I assume that the battery sensor assembly is good. So I am planning on getting the cable assembly with the bolt and nut. But for the positive side I don't know if I am just looking it up wrong or what but no luck finding it. I am just going to try and call chh when I get a lunch break and find out if they can help me out.

Yea more than likely your battery wires can only come as part of the engine wiring harness and that thing ain't cheap as it is usually the WHOLE harness. Normally several hundred's of dollars and not worth it unless you have rat damage or something bigger.

Yea more than likely your battery wires can only come as part of the engine wiring harness and that thing ain't cheap as it is usually the WHOLE harness. Normally several hundred's of dollars and not worth it unless you have rat damage or something bigger.
I am hoping not. I just need to replace the post clamp. And I really don't want to cut it. It would seem like they would make it so that part can be replaced with out taking all of the engine wire harness out.

like just the connector? Autozone or other shops have tons of universal connectors like this.
http://www.autozone.com/batteries-s...inal-end-and-adapter/95964_0_0/?checkfit=true
That is all i need but also with the skunk2 battery relocation it makes the cable tight and pulls on the positive and negative components. That is how they stretched out.

But those look to be a thicker than the OEM ones. But if I where to buy them how do you take the cover apart for the positive cable clamp? I tried but did not want to brake it.

20160113_221502.jpg 20160113_221515.jpg
I am sure those are the two places to open up. But the the plastic is so soft and I don't want to brake it

Sorry I'd have to see it in person... I don't have a 9th to compare. You can't just flip the red cover up and get access to the cable from there?

May be able to cut the clamp into numerous pieces with a dremel tool if you didn't want to cut the copper? Essentially you'd be making a bunch of cuts to the clamp to get it to release.

Back