2013 LX to Si Invidia N1?

Erouse91

Im wondering if its possible to get a 13 LX to fit a Si's Invidia N1 catback. I have made no previous alterations to the exhaust and a guy is trying to sell me the catback and a pair of aftermarket projectors for $450! Any suggestions or warnings?

It will not fit. You could get an 8th gen si axle back from the si to bolt up. The 9th gen si axle back doesn't even bolt up. Don't buy it.

Reactions: Tak
Thank you for the assistance @webby. That's all I needed to know. But the 8th gen axle back does fit? Are there any claims to sound quality? I would like a deeper tone but I'm not looking to go boy racer. Just some tasteful upgrades that won't disturb the peace every time I'm trying to park lol.

Reactions: Tak
The axle back adds a very minimal amount of noise to the stock system. You can hear it on start up but you really won't notice it otherwise. It does look much better on the car than the stock "pipe" that sticks out. I have it on my car and I like it. For $100-ish it was worth it.

Thank you for the assistance @webby. That's all I needed to know. But the 8th gen axle back does fit? Are there any claims to sound quality? I would like a deeper tone but I'm not looking to go boy racer. Just some tasteful upgrades that won't disturb the peace every time I'm trying to park lol.
Hi @Erouse91
Yes, I just did it recently. I claim that this 8th gen Si axleback exhaust has a deeper tone than stock. Yes @Nix is correct. The sound is minimal. I can hear a deep tone when I drive at lower speed with & without windows open. But I can't hear anything at higher speed. It's definitely not a fart can. So it won't disturb anyone. I surely tell you that as of today my wife still doesn't notice that the exhaust has been swapped and she is a person who hates loud exhaust. Plus the exhaust tip looks nice as well. So if you are looking for "some noise with a nice exhaust tip", 8th gen Si axleback is a great choice without spending huge buck.
I got an used in good condition from a local 8th gen si member for $100 with delivery.

Some people advise to get a couple of 3/8 washers as the stock spring bolts might be not able to secure it enough. However, the shop I used was able to tighten it without using the washers. I got 2 washers from home depot for 50 cents just in case. I know the shop and they did it for $50 with tips. It is only less than half hour job at shop.

Last edited:
Back