Local Autocross

@death_roll and myself

030eb323fe9234193eb04ff18fdee860.jpg

Finally got to edit the video from Saturday.

Nice runs. Seems like a pretty short course, my auto would have to be locked in 1st for those speeds. I miss the days of running my Jetta on bigger courses where I had to decide if shifting to 3rd was worth it.

Comparing the in car views to the spectator view, the course looks much bigger from outside the car.

Nice runs. Seems like a pretty short course, my auto would have to be locked in 1st for those speeds. I miss the days of running my Jetta on bigger courses where I had to decide if shifting to 3rd was worth it.

Comparing the in car views to the spectator view, the course looks much bigger from outside the car.
It is a relatively small lot in comparison to some other events in the surrounding area but it's free to use for the club. We see speeds approaching 60 depending on the layout. We try not to go much faster than that because we had an incident where a car lost control and went through a fence.

It is a relatively small lot in comparison to some other events in the surrounding area but it's free to use for the club. We see speeds approaching 60 depending on the layout. We try not to go much faster than that because we had an incident where a car lost control and went through a fence.
We kept the speeds down as well when I used to run. I do miss doing it, but a basically stock automatic Civic just wouldn't be competitive.

Back