2017 Civic Si Revealed

For the price of the Si over the LX/EX I don't think it's going to be worth it. The non-Si models have the same engine and with a Hondata reflash thats already available guys are getting 200/200-ish. I don't think a $5-6k increase is worth it for an LSD and "adaptive" suspension and steering. Guess we will have to wait and see. From the results of the available reflash I'd say Honda left a lot of room on the stock tune to be able to bump up the Si HP/Tq numbers.

I personally am shopping an LX hatch' 6-speed. You get the 1.5T engine for less than $20k MSRP. Leaves lots of $$ for "necessary" mods like better tires. I spun the stock ones lots on my test drive the other day. (salesman encouraged it but I still felt like a ricer burning out on a test drive.)

soooo.. best performing Si? heck seen too many videos of the new 1.5T with CVT beating a stock 9th Si..... so sad and messed up. so it'd better be faster... :) I honestly prefer the Si looks wise, hatches just look too tall to me, coupes by far look the best in my opinion. totally agree with what Nix said tho....

Apparently the new SI is a factory tuned of EXT 1.5T. The new 1.5T on econ trim has lots of tuning potential. Honda doesn't want people to tune the new SI if equipped 2.0T to outperform the Type R stock. That move in business practice is legitimate.

This is the same strategy when the SI is the highest trim in US. However the Type R will replace the SI trim level now. That said, this is what Honda wants to tell you, if you want power and speed, get the new Type R.

I agree with Nix. People may as well just get the EXT 1.5T and do their own tuning. That will definitely beat the new stock SI. But that won't beat the Type R for sure.

"Make the Type R great again", Honda said.

Last edited:
Yeah I had a feeling they were going to do such thing yet many people were hoping for a 2.0t, it's just weird for me seeing the same engine as the ex-t in the Si, but I guess it's all about a business point of view, I do like the interior and seats.

Yeah I had a feeling they were going to do such thing yet many people were hoping for a 2.0t, it's just weird for me seeing the same engine as the ex-t in the Si, but I guess it's all about a business point of view, I do like the interior and seats.

Yeah. I know that feeling. In Honda's point of view, one trim has to be the highest and greatest, not both nor sub. Honda was like, "You guys ask for Type R, you got it, but don't try to make the new Si Type-R-wanna-be." That's why the new Si is only available for sedan and coupe only, a fully loaded HFP EXT that is.
Yes, I also do like the interior, which is very nice and comfortable. I also like the spoiler too, which is better than the current spoiler available as accessories.
In my opinion, the coupe EXT is not bad at all comparing to the prototype Si. I suspect some people may just get the EXT, then do their mods and tune, and drop the new Si.

Yeah you're right, honestly if I were to buy a 10th gen (which I won't) I would just get an ex-t throw some boltons then a tune and call it a day, I would save some money that way and still have a pretty quick car, I wonder how much the Si and Type R are going to weigh?

I think that 1.5 is going to run out of steam at some point so we may not see crazy high hp builds with it. I think 300's will be easy to hit with a slightly larger turbo and supporting mods but the 500+ builds might be tricky. Have to wait an see. I mean that guy @ripply is building a 650hp 9th gen. You guys have a larger block and more displacement to work with. Always helps.

The sport versions get center exhaust and +6hp but require premium gas. Also the hatch and coupe/sedan trims are very different.

Lots of models and trims. Dang confusing.

I think we can conclude Honda's road map on 10th Gen civic trim levels???

For Hatchback
Highest = Type R
Sub = Sport

For Sedan/Coupe
Highest = Si
Sub = EXT

Last edited:
Personally don't like it. I feel like you can't make big power with it because you'll never change the fact it's a 1.5L. Based on specs I would choose the Fiat Abarth over this any day.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Personally don't like it. I feel like you can't make big power with it because you'll never change the fact it's a 1.5L. Based on specs I would choose the Fiat Abarth over this any day.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I asked a couple of friends and they said similar thing.
The new factory tuned SI maybe reaching the cap. With after market bolt on and tuned, it may not be very significant. It is very similar like r18 engine....not much room for improvement

I read somewhere yesterday where vit tuned a 10th gen ex 1.5t and made about 40hp& 60lb ft tq over stock with just a 93 fuel upgrade. Its unbelievable that a ex will keep up and potentially beat a 9th gen Si.

I read somewhere yesterday where vit tuned a 10th gen ex 1.5t and made about 40hp& 60lb ft tq over stock with just a 93 fuel upgrade. Its unbelievable that a ex will keep up and potentially beat a 9th gen Si.

Hondata recorded a couple races between the two. The Si couldn't keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back