Coupe/sedan front bumper

Jake LXer

Jaykwabee and the R18
New York
Vehicle Model
civic
Body Style
sedan
Does anyone know if the coupe fog lights and sedan foglight are interchangeable? I want to do a front bumper swap and need to know if i should buy a set of fogs for the coupe bumper or if the sedan fogs i have will work

What year/model bumper swap are you planning to install? There are so many differences depending on year and trim on coupes and sedans.

I'm looking to swap a 2013 coupe front bumper onto my 2014 Sedan

Should be a direct swap if you also get the coupe grill. The r18 coupe/sedan bumpers both use the oval shaped fogs.

Sweet, thanks webby

You could even do a 2014 Coupe, front end swap onto your sedan. This is the end result taken from someone I follow on Instagram, at first I didn't like it, but as he posted more photos, it slowly started to grow on me. It's not quite as easy, but the end result is something very unique.
07d803b60a7f6a63d8722bcf4c799eb4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could even do a 2014 Coupe, front end swap onto your sedan. This is the end result taken from someone I follow on Instagram, at first I didn't like it, but as he posted more photos, it slowly started to grow on me. It's not quite as easy, but the end result is something very unique.
07d803b60a7f6a63d8722bcf4c799eb4.png

How did he do that? Looks amazing. Did he have to graft the top of a sedan bumper with a lower coupe front?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

How did he do that? Looks amazing. Did he have to graft the top of a sedan bumper with a lower coupe front?

For his pic, he'd need the 14+ coupe front bumper and grill. He'd also need the 14+ coupe headlights. Looks like he got away with not swapping the coupe fenders and hood.

For his pic, he'd need the 14+ coupe front bumper and grill. He'd also need the 14+ coupe headlights. Looks like he got away with not swapping the coupe fenders and hood.

He wasn't specific on the method behind doing this swap. Rather, he just took the car to a body shop and they did all the heavy lifting. It does look like quite the project however.
ad4a6e234bf8e32a873f32150c4158c0.png
dea39c10cfeb1d019e5c0149fc050450.png

It's literally a matter of just swapping the parts out. Others have done it on the earlier coupes/sedans without any issue. No body shop needed

It's literally a matter of just swapping the parts out. Others have done it on the earlier coupes/sedans without any issue. No body shop needed
Problem with the '14-'15 front bumper is the grill shape and headlights are totally different from the sedan. Looks like he kept the sedan grill and headlights...it's a badass swap for sure.

I guess you'd have to ask or post some additional pics. Papi used to be pretty active here. He had a couple of different 9ths in his build thread, and if that's his white one in the instagram pic, he got a 3rd 9th gen.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/oh-shxt-its-papii.3318/

Every other day he had a new set of wheels on it. He probably contributed 90% of the wheels/lowered threads for like 2+ years

I guess you'd have to ask or post some additional pics. Papi used to be pretty active here. He had a couple of different 9ths in his build thread, and if that's his white one in the instagram pic, he got a 3rd 9th gen.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/oh-shxt-its-papii.3318/

Every other day he had a new set of wheels on it. He probably contributed 90% of the wheels/lowered threads for like 2+ years

The 2012-'13 Coupe would be a much easier swap considering the 2013-'16 sedan had pretty much the same front end.
7b8e4621c10c2e6fe6aef284b75556cd.png
23e9f6e034c3e524dfb9182da71c9268.png

Back