2017 Civic Si Revealed

Jeez. Not so surprised by the failures, but the amount of time it's taking SoA to take care of their customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeez. Not so surprised by the failures, but the amount of time it's taking SoA to take care of their customers.

The first post of that thread has not been updated since August 2016. I'm sure there are more to add to that list but I think quite a bit of them on that list are 2015 owners that might have had issues before the ECU-recall. Not many 2016 or 2017 WRX owners on that list.

Thanks for all the info guys, yeah I did see moslty 2015's, I just have one more question, how about a new Sti? Im not a big subaru guru but the sti has a different engine right? Is it more reliable?

Thanks for all the info guys, yeah I did see moslty 2015's, I just have one more question, how about a new Sti? Im not a big subaru guru but the sti has a different engine right? Is it more reliable?

STi's have had the same EJ 2.5L engine since 2004. It's had it fair share of issues also.

EJ257[edit]

EJ257 engine
DOHC 16-valve turbo. Originally designed for the North American Impreza STI in 2004 with AVCS and DBW. The same shortblock as EJ255 except the EJ255 has a different dished piston vs the EJ257. The heads also have different components. Subaru of America designates the same part numbers for an EJ255 shortblock, and EJ257 shortblock with the exception of the pistons.

Usage:
  • US Market Impreza WRX STi MY04~MY07 (300 hp, 293 hp (New SAE standard))
  • US Market Impreza WRX STI MY08~MY17 (305 hp (New SAE standard))

IMG_5548.JPG

Found this on HondaProJasons page. Looks pretty close to the rendering vid I posted above.

Spoiler light is a no go but does have a center exhaust like the Si coupe.

Spoiler on this black car is horrible and I would change the center exhaust tips to the ones the sport hatch has.

I like the spoiler in the rendering better than the one on the test mule. Let's hope that goes the way of rendering.

I like the spoiler in the rendering better than the one on the test mule. Let's hope that goes the way of rendering.
I agree. The rendering spoiler actually makes sense, especially to the sense of sight.

I don't like the spoiler either, and don't think it'll grow on me in time lol. However I do like the seats, wish I could swap a set in my coupe :D

That doesn't look sporty at all! Not a fan :barf:

The back-end reminds me of all the BMW rear ends that were wrecked by Chris Bangle so many years ago.
Not a fan.

Not a huge fan myself. It just doesn't look sporty. Isn't that the whole purpose of the si? I mean yeah, we're finally getting the type r, but does that mean the si now becomes nothing? I don't think so. To me it would be more along the lines of the wrx/sti comparison.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Honestly though, every new generation is always critiqued in terms of looks/performance. 9th gens got a lot of hate when they first came out but people love them now.

And in the defense of the newer civic, they do look better in person, from my experience. The coupe is actually pretty nice. Just like my 15 coupe, they look better in person.

Honda Announces 192 pound feet of torque in the new SI -

C7pOfdvVwAAK4gs.jpg

The new Si looks very promising. Now let's hope for a 230-250 hp range.

Back