2012 ex seat swap with ex-l?

Kylesn52

Toronto Ontario
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Sedan
Curious if anyone knows if the seats from an ex-l (leather) will fit in an ex. I cant keep my cloth seats clean and I hate seat covers. I get that the heated function likely won't work but I just want leather.

I think a couple people have done it but had to go to the dealer to have the SRS airbag system reset. Other than that it should all bolt right up and the airbag plugs should all connect without issue. If you want to have the heated seats functional I think you would only need to buy the on/off switch assembly and connect them to power.

If you do this swap or anything that involves messing with the SRS system disconnect both terminals of your battery for at least 15 to 20 minutes before you start working.

I think a couple people have done it but had to go to the dealer to have the SRS airbag system reset. Other than that it should all bolt right up and the airbag plugs should all connect without issue. If you want to have the heated seats functional I think you would only need to buy the on/off switch assembly and connect them to power.

Thanks. I have friends at my local dealership so getting the codes cleared shouldn't be an issue. Being able to run the heated seats would be a bonus. Currently contacting junk yards in the area to see if I can even get the seats. The seats from the EX-L are beige, and the interior is also. The interior in the EX is grey so I might just swap the entire interior depending how the beige seats look with the grey interior. (if I can even find an EX-L with a full interior that isn't trashed for a reasonable price... not likely). I think beige seats and grey interior for everything else would bug me too much especially considering the door panels, and center console arm rests would still be grey fabric. Again though, I might be crazy. Swapping the interior would be a big job especially if I did the head liner too. I might just have to live with front and rear seats.

If you do this swap or anything that involves messing with the SRS system disconnect both terminals of your battery for at least 15 to 20 minutes before you start working.

Absolutely lol. I enjoy having my head attached to my shoulders. Thanks!

Reactions: Nix
Back