Trading in car with aftermarket wheels

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
ok so lately I've been wanting to put my car back to stock and trade it in. I can easily put everything back to stock except for the wheels, I am currently looking to trade my wheels for some oem Si wheels but so far I've had no luck. My question is do any of you guys know how much it would depreciate my car's value if I trade it in with the non OEM wheels? Does it even matter?

What wheels do you have? I have a set of stock SI wheels just sitting around, no tires

Avid1 av06 18x8.5 +35 225/40/18. Im trying to do a direct swap with wheels and tires.

Dealer won't care at all about aftermarket wheels. They just care it has wheels and tires with tread.

@webby ok thats good! I thought maybe they would start complaining blah blah.

@ron v If I can find a good deal on one yes, but so far Im leaning towards a GTI. I was talking to @stilletto and he had some good points on the gti. They make crazy power with a tune and bolt ons.

Dealers DO prefer a Stock trade in, but only if the entire vehicle meets their criteria. If it has too many miles, excessive wear, or just isn't popular in the area, they'll send it off to auction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This thread is perfect! I am about to give my car back and was worried i wasn't going to have enough time to take off some minor mods.. intake flashpro exhaust. Helps a lot thank you!

well as a buyer, I prefer to buy a used vehicle that's been modded nicely if I go the used route. reason I say this is because the mods were more than my 2002 tundra's price if I added everything up... generally speaking a person looking for a used civic may want to mod it anyways. I looked into trading up my civic and all the dealers loved my car. its clean and hasn't even gotten 20,000 miles on it yet. I think dealers haggle with you just because they can... I would think a dealer would love to have your Si on their lot.

well as a buyer, I prefer to buy a used vehicle that's been modded nicely if I go the used route. reason I say this is because the mods were more than my 2002 tundra's price if I added everything up... generally speaking a person looking for a used civic may want to mod it anyways. I looked into trading up my civic and all the dealers loved my car. its clean and hasn't even gotten 20,000 miles on it yet. I think dealers haggle with you just because they can... I would think a dealer would love to have your Si on their lot.

But a dealer will haggle you down as much as they want so the end result benefits them in the end.

I happened be be at a Honda dealership yesterday and they wanted to give me $14000 for my 2015 Si sedan with 37k miles. Kbb says tradein should be $17000. Asked why was it such a low number that they offered me and the sales guy said, well your lowered, wheels, roof wrap, blah blah blah. I responded, well I can put all that back to stock....you going to up the number. He looked at me a bit wide eyed and stumbled for a response....lol

But a dealer will haggle you down as much as they want so the end result benefits them in the end.

I happened be be at a Honda dealership yesterday and they wanted to give me $14000 for my 2015 Si sedan with 37k miles. Kbb says tradein should be $17000. Asked why was it such a low number that they offered me and the sales guy said, well your lowered, wheels, roof wrap, blah blah blah. I responded, well I can put all that back to stock....you going to up the number. He looked at me a bit wide eyed and stumbled for a response....lol

so true, I love your reply bro! hahahaha good stuff! sadly the first 3 year the car(civic or whatever) depreciates the most, after that its pretty slow. but to me a boosted K24 is the cats meow, sure the newest Si is much better in fuel economy, but seriously a boosted 1.5L doesn't hold a candle to a boosted 2.4L, off topic, but please just boost your K24 and upgrade the clutch.(type-R territory but a much better looking car) even my weak R18 would be a fun little car with some boost. in the end I have found its just better to buy a car with a 10+ year lifespan in mind.... lol

Back