Just bought my first 2015 Civic, need advice on performance enhancement

Joseph Perez

Looking into performance enhancement, also looking to increase my knowledge on not only civics but all cars.

Attachments

• 2D692B9D-DA0D-4FDA-AB4B-A8793D48E3FB.jpeg
    2D692B9D-DA0D-4FDA-AB4B-A8793D48E3FB.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 33
What are your goals? Do you plan on going forced induction like Supercharged or turbocharged?

I think borla and takeda are the two companies that I can think of off hand that make an exhaust for the non-si civic. The sad truth is the majority of aftermarket parts are made for the Si model. The r18 engine in the base civic is really made for fuel economy and doesn't really respond well to modifications, unless you're planning on spending like 5 grand on a turbo setup and a custom tune. The oem ECU will keep adjusting itself if you just toss aftermarket parts at the car, and it can actually make less power with aftermarket parts.

hondata and ktuner are 2 options for loading a custom tune to your ecu so that you can take advantage of aftermarket parts.

an older thread where r18 owners were posting their mods and stuff can be found here if you'd like to read/learn
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/show-me-your-r18-list-your-mods-plans-if-any.6729/

I completely understand that I have gotten a lot of useful information from this site. I just noticed you have a Non-SI version. I can't give much insight into the R18 (Motor that is in your car). But I am sure @webby knows someone who can help out.

So are you saying it’s a bad idea to make mods to this car?
I think borla and takeda are the two companies that I can think of off hand that make an exhaust for the non-si civic. The sad truth is the majority of aftermarket parts are made for the Si model. The r18 engine in the base civic is really made for fuel economy and doesn't really respond well to modifications, unless you're planning on spending like 5 grand on a turbo setup and a custom tune. The oem ECU will keep adjusting itself if you just toss aftermarket parts at the car, and it can actually make less power with aftermarket parts.

hondata and ktuner are 2 options for loading a custom tune to your ecu so that you can take advantage of aftermarket parts.

an older thread where r18 owners were posting their mods and stuff can be found here if you'd like to read/learn
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/show-me-your-r18-list-your-mods-plans-if-any.6729/
e you

So are you saying it’s a bad idea to make mods to this car?
There are plenty of appearance mods, suspension, wheels etc that you can do. Just be aware of what you’re getting into with “performance” power add-ons.

Do u live in so cal? U have the same name as my cousin lol. Any who. @Jake LXer might be a good member to look up if ur looking to mod ur r18.

I would take a look at the diy and build thread sections in this forum. A lot of knowledgeable dudes who have done some nice mods to their cars. If ur looking to learn...

Do u live in so cal? U have the same name as my cousin lol. Any who. @Jake LXer might be a good member to look up if ur looking to mod ur r18.

I would take a look at the diy and build thread sections in this forum. A lot of knowledgeable dudes who have done some nice mods to their cars. If ur looking to learn...
You maybe just found your cousin. :thumbsup: I’ll let them respond though.

Yeah man I live in Santa Clarita, near six flags haha but sounds good, thank you!

Welcome to the site, if you plan on going FI; do it. I wasted a lot of money on overpriced engine “performance” parts and never got the satisfaction I’m getting from boost. Although I will say these cars are awesome at cornering and handling if you decide to go that route, there are a lot of suspension modifications you can do that will make your car solid

Welcome to the site, if you plan on going FI; do it. I wasted a lot of money on overpriced engine “performance” parts and never got the satisfaction I’m getting from boost. Although I will say these cars are awesome at cornering and handling if you decide to go that route, there are a lot of suspension modifications you can do that will make your car solid
The only thing that had me concerned is @webby saying that the engine wouldn’t respond well to mods or something along those lines

He’s right, these motors are made to sip gas and no matter what bolt on mods you buy you’ll gain almost nothing in performance even with a tune

Back