Mike's boosted build

did you tell him your motor blew using his map/tune?
I let him know. I honestly think it was not his fault and I just had a bad rod. Once I pull the bottom end I'll be able to tell really what happened. Looking at the data log from what I can see it looked good until the end(but I don't know what to look for)

Currently looking on Ebay at getting a K24Z3 longblock at the moment to replace my bottom end.

can you also post the calibration? im not a tuner but i dont really see anything that jumps out. right at 10:26 i see the car is making 10psi and the afr jumps up to 16:1 but the engine may have already let go at this point. prior to that the afr is in the low 12s, high 11s. timing looks conservative as well...
datalog.jpg

can you also post the calibration? im not a tuner but i dont really see anything that jumps out. right at 10:26 i see the car is making 10psi and the afr jumps up to 16:1 but the engine may have already let go at this point. prior to that the afr is in the low 12s, high 11s. timing looks conservative as well...
View attachment 58584

The calibration is locked since I am E-tuning. I believe at the 10:25 mark right where the knock count jumped up was right when the motor went.

Just ordered a K24Z3 from a 2009 TSX off of Ebay. I am really hoping that I will not get ripped off. I did notice the seller had 100% reviews with 5k reviews so fingers crossed.

20181217_195621.jpg

As I took the Intake manifold off I noticed quite a bit of oil puddles within the manifold.
When I first started my car after the installation I kinked the oil return on the subframe. At first I thought it was just oil burning off the new exhaust system and within the turbo but after 10 minutes it kept going so i looked my work over and noticed it had a kink I pulled the coupler off the cold side of the intercooler on the TB and off the turbo to inspect for oil and did not notice anything. After I got everything back in working order(or I assumed) I drove around for a bit and it only really smoked after driving for 15 minutes and it would stop at idle so I assumed it was still just slowly burning the oil out of the exhaust.

At this point I believe when I was doing my data long and did my WOT it pushed oil that went in the piping into the motor casing the rod to collapse under pressure.

20190120_143803.jpg 20190120_143813.jpg 20190120_143833.jpg 20190120_143851.jpg

Some pictures of my old motor. I ended up having to drop the whole K24Z3 in my car since the head had some damage marks and I did not want to run the chance of having a hair line fracture. My plan is to send it off to be pressure checked and if it is ok I'll build it.

Last edited:
I got the car started and drivable somewhat. When she blew up I guess it did a shotgun blast out the front and did some damage to the radiator.

I did drive the car about 50 miles and it only burnt off less than a cup of coolant. So I am hoping it can hold off until I get my taxes back so I can get a new one. While I am at it I am just going to upgrade the hoses and the radiator.

Only to 12 lbs for the moment to see where I am at. The big thing I am afraid of is the transmission letting go.

Back