To mod, or stock...

Balt15Si

So I find this completely stock 2015 Si sedan, with only 11,500 on the clock, would you keep it this way? Or start modding it like most seem to do here? I'm leaning towards the school of keeping it like the factory made it, trying to keep the miles off also.
I've been down the mod road, I had an 89 Chrysler Conquest Tsi that I really worked over, everything from turbo pluming upgrades, tunning it with a laptop, to modifying the auto trans valve body to shift harder, so been there done that, modding isn't a problem, but to stay stock would seem to be the more unuque approach in this case, opinions welcome.

Everyone has a different driving style, what is your driving style? Do you like to corner fast, accelerate fast, or drive as fast as you can go?

Look into this forum, I would start with the clutch delay valve removal.

Personally I like to corner fast and love the curvy freeway on ramps , I use a late apex approach to corners. I also have the 5mt
Since I do not have an SI, just base civic these are my mods
Wider front tires on stock steel rims
24mm rear sway bar
front poly sway bar bushing with stock bar
lower rear engine mount filled with 3m window weld

For me my car corners very fast with traction control on and knowing throttle control is very important to prevent wheel spin and tc kicking on
My car has great turn in with off and low throttle oversteer, but has a bit of understeer (pull) on throttle. For my driving style the car feels balance to me

Modding is kind of a broad word to use. Is adding window tint, or headlight bulb upgrades "modding", or are you referring to purely power modifications? Some people have a million cosmetic upgrades, and have zero power mods. Some do all performance upgrades. It's all in what you're after.

My two cents...

I originally got the car to use as a daily commited to keeping it stock. First started the springs and I fell in love with the way it sat and the rest was history. I’ve regretted throwing money at a few cars in the past but never once have I’ve ever regretted any parts that I’ve put on the car. With that said everything on the car is quality and from reputable companies so the reliability has been a huge plus for me. If your going to throw parts at it I suggest taking a good look around a lot of are threads and get a good idea of what you want to do and the parts your going to need to make that happen. Then do everything in one shot. I’m not sure if you plan on doing the install yourself but if I didn’t install all my parts I could imagine the labor would be insane. If u plan on engine mods then right off the bat get a flashpro first.

Or you can keep it stock but I mean...

I mod all my cars and view them sort of as an extension of myself. I like standing out from the crowd (helps in parking lots). I feel like these cars have room to be improved from the factory, and I mod accordingly.

I mod all my cars and view them sort of as an extension of myself. I like standing out from the crowd (helps in parking lots). I feel like these cars have room to be improved from the factory, and I mod accordingly.
Yes any car could use some mods, and making a personal statement with your car works, but I'm thinking a little differently now days, it's just like back when I had my Conquest, the most sought-after coveted cars were the ones that were totally stock, because that becomes the rare thing when everyone else is modifying there's.
So I'm thinking along those lines now.

Yes any car could use some mods, and making a personal statement with your car works, but I'm thinking a little differently now days, it's just like back when I had my Conquest, the most sought-after coveted cars were the ones that were totally stock, because that becomes the rare thing when everyone else is modifying there's.
So I'm thinking along those lines now.

And if you had a type r I would agree. Especially like an 01 integra. Si's are not particularly rare, and won't ever really be a collector car down the road. Now if you parked it for 30 years it might be a different story.
I'd say drive it for a little while and see what you think. I knew before I bought mine what I wanted to start with, and it all snowballed from there.

And if you had a type r I would agree. Especially like an 01 integra. Si's are not particularly rare, and won't ever really be a collector car down the road. Now if you parked it for 30 years it might be a different story.
I'd say drive it for a little while and see what you think. I knew before I bought mine what I wanted to start with, and it all snowballed from there.
Yeah that's true, but coming from a same year EX, this Si is feeling pretty much perfect...for now :)

I left mine stock for about 5 years and then upgraded the brakes and rear sway bar. Added some window tints but overall, it's pretty standard. Drive it a while and figure out what you want to do with it and go for it. If you're not liking the engine power, add some there, if you don't like the handling - tires, coils, sway bars, etc.

Honestly the best 'mod" you can do to start is putting a great set of tires on the car. If you live in a climate where you can get away with it year round a proper set of sticky summer tires will really liven the handling of the car up without switching out any mechanical parts. Then i would personally suggest the rear sway bar upgrade to reduce under steer if you drive the car had. Simple, inexpensive, and effective.

No, couldn't do anything but all season tires where I live, it can get snowy or icy at a moment's notice, and it needs to turn better? Ok maybe I just haven't gotten there yet, but this is the best handling car I've ever had, so I'm having a real hard time justifying anything besides some window tint, did that, and going to a navigation unit from another Civic that had one, speaking of that, is "Jaybe" still on here? He's the one who's made the swap just like I want to do, I posted some questions at the end of his thread, but no word yet.

A rear sway bar is the best bang for your buck mod on this car.

This is what I went through with my 89 Conquest, everyone modding them, including myself, one thing after another, very personilized yes, but in the end when you tried selling a car like that, it was taken as a car that had been beaten and used up, stock unmolested cars like these become so rare because of this, I also really got tired of the bottomless money pit thing, one mod led to another, I guess I got pretty burned out on it all, which has taken me to my current attitude of. .. I think I'll just enjoy it the way the factory made it for now.

It’s not uncommon for people to revert them back to stock or stock(ish) to sell. You’ll see their aftermarket parts up for sale to recoup some of their expenses

My two cents...

I originally got the car to use as a daily commited to keeping it stock. First started the springs and I fell in love with the way it sat and the rest was history. I’ve regretted throwing money at a few cars in the past but never once have I’ve ever regretted any parts that I’ve put on the car. With that said everything on the car is quality and from reputable companies so the reliability has been a huge plus for me. If your going to throw parts at it I suggest taking a good look around a lot of are threads and get a good idea of what you want to do and the parts your going to need to make that happen. Then do everything in one shot. I’m not sure if you plan on doing the install yourself but if I didn’t install all my parts I could imagine the labor would be insane. If u plan on engine mods then right off the bat get a flashpro first.

Or you can keep it stock but I mean...
I just got a Black Honda si with only 17,600 miles in mint shape- almost stock-driven only by a old man who just like to look at it,
I am going to mod the car some, never liked stock exhaust on anything, my old hobby car is a SRT-4 that I am selling with a lot of mods but just to warn out to want to drive it anymore-lowered so it doesn't like the shitty roads any more

Back