Show me your R18... List your mods/plans if any

Thanks guys.. newbie question.. when y’all say rear sway bar do you guys mean the end links or whole sway bar... and does it make appearance/driving any different? Some pics would be nice. I’m a moderate tuner and still need to catch up on a thing or two. Thanks

I changed both the rear sway and end links. The end links all depend on the age of the car and how many miles on it and what kind of sway bar... I prefer solid sways either from a SI or Whiteline, I have seen too many horror stories with hollow sways like Eibach.

As for changing the differences, the rear is way more planted, the stock R18 rear sway is so flimsy you can bend it easily..

I changed both the rear sway and end links. The end links all depend on the age of the car and how many miles on it and what kind of sway bar... I prefer solid sways either from a SI or Whiteline, I have seen too many horror stories with hollow sways like Eibach.

As for changing the differences, the rear is way more planted, the stock R18 rear sway is so flimsy you can bend it easily..

Thanks man... that info helps out a lot.. i do notice a lot of motion from the back end with the stock sways. Will definitely look into it.

And when you say horror stories what kind? I was just about to get the Eibach.. having second thoughts...

Thanks man... that info helps out a lot.. i do notice a lot of motion from the back end with the stock sways. Will definitely look into it.

I put a SI rear sway in my 07 and when I pulled the stock sway out I was shocked on how small it was

Did some minor upgrades since the last time was here... new headlights; new fogs. (old ones was pealing, ugh not even a year) de-chrome front end. New 17” 2019 accord rims. I loooveee the way the new wheels look, minor rub when turning but still good. Cheers 2020!!!!

Attachments

• E9B31A27-A677-4969-B868-33505DC7F2C7.jpeg
    E9B31A27-A677-4969-B868-33505DC7F2C7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
EDC1ACD7-E553-4EF8-9595-989943FCA95E.jpeg
Mostly cosmetic upgrades. ‘13 base auto car. It’s my daily. But, bc coilovers, mugen style window visors, eBay lip and eBay trunk lip. My car didn’t come with fogs, so oem Honda fogs went in. Lower grille broke so got cut at the end of of fogs. Upper grille cut and chrome removed. Xxr(I know) 18x9.5 wheels. Every light on the car has been switched to led. Absolutely 0 performance mods.

View attachment 62288
Mostly cosmetic upgrades. ‘13 base auto car. It’s my daily. But, bc coilovers, mugen style window visors, eBay lip and eBay trunk lip. My car didn’t come with fogs, so oem Honda fogs went in. Lower grille broke so got cut at the end of of fogs. Upper grille cut and chrome removed. Xxr(I know) 18x9.5 wheels. Every light on the car has been switched to led. Absolutely 0 performance mods.

View attachment 62289
Here’s the trunk lip.
Looks good! :thumbsup:

Welcome to 9thCivic

ALRIGHT! An R18 thread for us uhhh-- Cosmetic Tuners!

200.gif

So I annoy basically everyone about my R18 in my own thread, but now I have the chance to annoy new people! I, like @Dynofb2 , have no real performance mods. In fact, the only thing my mods have done is make my car a negligible amount lighter (c. 100 pounds at this point). BUT I LOVE HER. I get excited every time I get to drive!

Mod List--

-My Six Stickers, which net me trace amounts of horsepower
-Tsudo Catback Exhaust
-BBS RG from Japan
-Seibon CF Hood with CF-Look Aerocatches
-'JDM' Pink Taillight Overlays
-Drilled + Slotted Rotors

Please note: I have included a close-up of my wheels for the haters.

PXL_20201222_233157277.jpg PXL_20201222_232513653.jpg

200.gif

So I annoy basically everyone about my R18 in my own thread, but now I have the chance to annoy new people! I, like @Dynofb2 , have no real performance mods. In fact, the only thing my mods have done is make my car a negligible amount lighter (c. 100 pounds at this point). BUT I LOVE HER. I get excited every time I get to drive!

Mod List--

-Tsudo Catback Exhaust
-BBS RG from Japan

View attachment 62290 View attachment 62291
Beware this guy ^^^ he's the Miracle Whipper in this group. Watch out for this guy. Welcome to 9thcivic, we are happy having you here with the rest of us.

200.gif

Mod List--

-Tsudo Catback Exhaust
-BBS RG from Japan

View attachment 62290 View attachment 62291
Looks good man. I don’t see the need to try and make any power and then put it through the slush box that is the automatic.

Beware this guy ^^^ he's the Miracle Whipper in this group. Watch out for this guy. Welcome to 9thcivic, we are happy having you here with the rest of us.
LMAO Miracle Whipper!

Looks good man. I don’t see the need to try and make any power and then put it through the slush box that is the automatic.
Thanks! The automatic is fuel efficient, but man is it indecisive about gears :rotfl:

That it is. But I have been averaging 38mpg even with the heavy wheels. Mine is also one year before they went cvt.
CVT?!

tenor.gif

Mine's a '13 like yours -- just less doors ( rhyme +1 ) . I didn't know Honda introduced the CVT in their next model year after the '13-- so thank you for that bit of info. If you had the super-heavy steelies before, then the XXRs are probably lighter. Believe me, your car appreciates you!

Damn. I could only dream about 38mpg :rotfl:

LOL. If you were Supercharged and still getting like 40 MPG, I think the Honda higher-ups would be calling.

CVT?!

tenor.gif

Mine's a '13 like yours -- just less doors ( rhyme +1 ) . I didn't know Honda introduced the CVT in their next model year after the '13-- so thank you for that bit of info. If you had the super-heavy steelies before, then the XXRs are probably lighter. Believe me, your car appreciates you!

LOL. If you were Supercharged and still getting like 40 MPG, I think the Honda higher-ups would be calling.
I wish! I never got good mileage though. My right foot is made of solid iron. I got around 23-24 before which wasn't terrible, but I've only been driving locally since we installed the blower so my mpgs have been garbage. I'm averaging right about 17 or so over the last 2 months.

Back