Front bumper/fog lights

meekaa99

hey guys. New to this forum.. I was looking at forums on front end swaps and fog lights and was wondering if Sedan fog lights for a coupe front? I was looking into doing a coupe front swap but I want to order sedan fog lights... will it work out?

I think I understand what you're asking. From my understanding all the bumpers for 9th gen Civics are interchangeable whether it is a coupe or a sedan so I don't believe there would be much of an issue with the fog lights set up. If my response isn't really correct then this thread could probably help you out.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/coupe-sedan-front-bumper.14655/
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/9th-civic-front-end-conversion-q-a.9291/
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/confirmed-9th-gen-coupe-sedan-si-bumper-swap.7662/

Last edited:
The model year matters as the fog shape changes, and certain bumper swaps also require headlight/fender/hood changes depending on what model year you have, and what model year front end you’re trying to swap. Without those details, it may or may not work. So, details on what specific year/model you have would be a start, and your profile doesn’t say anything about your car.

I have been shopping for fog lights for my 2012 Sedan, and from every listing I've seen, for 2012, the Sedan fog light's shape and mountings are entirely different from the Coupe fog light's. Each seller specifies what body style the listing is for.
As for the 2014 facelift, I don't know.

I have been shopping for fog lights for my 2012 Sedan, and from every listing I've seen, for 2012, the Sedan fog light's shape and mountings are entirely different from the Coupe fog light's. Each seller specifies what body style the listing is for.
As for the 2014 facelift, I don't know.
Again, you have to know what bumper you’re going to use to pick the right fog lights. There are differences between coupe/sedan and si/non-si, and differences between years. They kept changing the front end on the sedan and coupe with the design changes between 12-15. If you pick some other bumper from overseas, that’s going to be yet another issue. There are design differences for models in other countries.

Hi guys,

Not really seeing a concrete answer so going to pose the question.

If you had a 2015 Civic Sedan, at what point would you also need to change headlights or fenders or hood? I’m looking into doing a front end swap.

My understanding is if I were to swap for a 2012/2013 coupe front end, it would be a direct fit where as if I did a 2014/2015 swap, much like papi, there is a chance I would also need to swap the headlights. Am I correct?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Not really seeing a concrete answer so going to pose the question.

If you had a 2015 Civic Sedan, at what point would you also need to change headlights or fenders or hood? I’m looking into doing a front end swap.

My understanding is if I were to swap for a 2012/2013 coupe front end, it would be a direct fit where as if I did a 2014/2015 swap, much like papi, there is a chance I would also need to swap the headlights. Am I correct?

Thanks
I don't know what model you have or if fog lights are a concern (your profile info doesn't list your car model/trim), but

2015 si has round fogs
Xnp8YYD.jpg

2015 non-si has oval fogs

3sq8J58.jpg

2012 si coupe has oval fogs
eIyZsMy.jpg

2012 non-si - ex-l has no fogs
Y4aaDBF.jpg

You need the front grill piece as well as the bumper to do the swap you're asking about, as well as dealing with fog light changes if that matters. You do not need headlights/hood/fenders etc.

Thanks Webby!

In terms of model I have, it’s a 2015 Honda Civic Ex Sedan. I’m looking to swap to the coupe bumper. Really for any year it’s compatible with. My understanding is that if I swap to the ‘15 coupe bumper, I’d have to do more than just a bumper swap. Note: fogs are currently not anything I’m really looking into as I currently do not have any lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Webby!

In terms of model I have, it’s a 2015 Honda Civic Ex Sedan. I’m looking to swap to the coupe bumper. Really for any year it’s compatible with. My understanding is that if I swap to the ‘15 coupe bumper, I’d have to do more than just a bumper swap. Note: fogs are currently not anything I’m really looking into as I currently do not have any lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. The 15 coupe will not directly swap with your sedan without doing other changes. A 12/13 coupe is an easy swap. You just need the bumper and upper grill piece to swap to your sedan.

Back