Random Cool cars bad cars

Kind of sucks they may push the price to 200k+, but I guess at that horsepower range, you’re competing with some price tags well above that.

They probably would have sold more than 102 if it wasn't 157k..... just saying. I'm referring to the standard NSX out now. A 200k Type R prolly won't sell many cars at all, most people just don't look at Acura like that.

I agree the price is outrageous on this car they add 6-7k just for the special blue or red paint. But being completely honest as much as I like Honda/Acura if I had that type of money I would look to get the new C8 Corvette.

Agreed, if I had that kind of money I would pick a Corvette for 75k, put less than half the difference in it and have a monster... plus my son loves Corvettes .

If you want to go fast just buy a motorcycle how many cars can do 10.9 1/4 miles? and 3.5 sec to 0-60. And my bike is not any thing special as far as speed is concerned, it does last a long time-detuned Honda v4 racing engine. the new v4 are slower LOL!

Attachments

• P1011406.JPG
    P1011406.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
Apples to oranges, I could fly a X-15 if I really wanted to go fast. I have ridden bikes before mostly dirt bikes but I live in a large city were it is not feasible to ride a motorcycle also being in the military makes it 50x harder to own a motorcycle. I do plan on getting a CBR1000RR once I move soon but until that time comes I'll enjoy my slow SI.

Agreed, if I had that kind of money I would pick a Corvette for 75k, put less than half the difference in it and have a monster... plus my son loves Corvettes .
My son loves them too. I took him to the dragstrip on a day a bunch of guys had some really fast ones and he truly enjoyed them.

Apples to oranges, I could fly a X-15 if I really wanted to go fast. I have ridden bikes before mostly dirt bikes but I live in a large city were it is not feasible to ride a motorcycle also being in the military makes it 50x harder to own a motorcycle. I do plan on getting a CBR1000RR once I move soon but until that time comes I'll enjoy my slow SI.
apples and oranges and super cars and motorcycles both go very very fast.
Well perhaps you should have both, but I would avoid the 1000rr unless your a very good rider who isn't a bit nuts and has a good back. 1000rr does 1/4 in high 9 sec's. Actually what have is kind of the old man's sport bike, I have special clip-ons-higher and lowering pegs and a custom big seat, but its very top heavy and likes to fall over with a full steel gas 5.8 tank. My racing 520 chain spins up very fast-notice only a ribit chain holds up well.:lildevil:

Attachments

• P1011405.JPG
    P1011405.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 2
I know what you mean about the military making it hell to own a bike. Safety course for each base as well as wearing all safety equipment all the time. I know it's for your own individual safety, but man it's a pain.

It
I know what you mean about the military making it hell to own a bike. Safety course for each base as well as wearing all safety equipment all the time. I know it's for your own individual safety, but man it's a pain.
The army makes sure they take all the fun out of everything lol. Have you heard of freaky Friday at the local dragstrip?

@webby have you seen this? Looks like some people with newer Honda's with the 1.5L Turbo is getting an extra 1 year warranty.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...a-extends-warranty-on-troubled-turbo-engines/
I hadn't seen that, but I was well aware of the issue. I looked at the crv a bunch, but literally avoided the turbo due to all of the issues reported. I've seen numerous say the "fix" they were applying in cold weather states was not working, and also causing the heater to never really warm the car up. People said they could drive 10-20+ minutes and never get warm air to blow after the "fix". They say the 19's have the fix applied before being shipped to dealerships, but that does literally no good if you live in an area that has cold winters. There are people saying their dipstick is still well above full after the warranty fix. It doesn't seem good.

You can't fix a really bad design- Scotty Kilmer has this problem nailed in one of his video's. He goes over why software can't fix this problem. The 1.5 turbo's are Junk. LOL makes my 2.4 k motor look much better even with a maybe vtc problem-that can be fixed.
Gas in your oil 1.5 turbo. Honda blew this one real bad. I wonder about the new Honda r model too??:giggle:

I hadn't seen that, but I was well aware of the issue. I looked at the crv a bunch, but literally avoided the turbo due to all of the issues reported. I've seen numerous say the "fix" they were applying in cold weather states was not working, and also causing the heater to never really warm the car up. People said they could drive 10-20+ minutes and never get warm air to blow after the "fix". They say the 19's have the fix applied before being shipped to dealerships, but that does literally no good if you live in an area that has cold winters. There are people saying their dipstick is still well above full after the warranty fix. It doesn't seem good.
I was unaware of it. My wife's parents traded in their 2013 Accord V6 for a 2018 CR-V last year. So far they have not said they have had any problems with it but it doesn't really get cold here every now and then we see it get below 20 degrees but mostly the lows are around 30.

Oh yeah, i go out there with my brother in law sometimes. When's the next one?
They have them the 1st Friday of every month depending weather and if weather is bad they push it to the next week. They have some big events coming up soon for street car shootout. Maybe one day we can all meet up at the track if you go out.

I was unaware of it. My wife's parents traded in their 2013 Accord V6 for a 2018 CR-V last year. So far they have not said they have had any problems with it but it doesn't really get cold here every now and then we see it get below 20 degrees but mostly the lows are around 30.
have them pull their oil dipstick and see if it shows above "full" at any time. Also have them actually smell the dipstick. A lot of people say they can clearly smell gasoline.

have them pull their oil dipstick and see if it shows above "full" at any time. Also have them actually smell the dipstick. A lot of people say they can clearly smell gasoline.
I told them about it to day I'll have them check the dipstick.

Back