Gas Prices - what are they where you live now

they don't sell e85 here,, from what I heard it has a lot of problems. Like poor MPG. another One is e85 attracts water, as e85 gets old it can ruin a engine. I know you can tune for e85 just don't see advantages to so. I would rather use 100% gas. THe ford 250 can run e85 but I would be worried to do so if we did have it. E85 is also made by food and another reason not to like it. Perhaps a graph might explain advantages and disadvantages of the two fuels, instead of blaming me for your problems. E85 would destroy most engines currently made. I also think e85 was thought up by CA, another attempt to ruin engines. So far E85 not where I am and none one seems to be rushing to see it either. E85 has ruin all kinds of seals and cause a lot of engine corrosion. Maybe I am wrong but my mechanic doesn't like it, I will have to ask him why. I am not having any problems with 87 however except its a little on the low side of octane. I usually run all three 87,89, 93 and sometimes 91. I am added lucus fuel treatment now and it does seem to work-Lucus fuel treatment is $24 a gal treats 400 gals. Its not like I don't know anything about gas. I have tried even tried race gas also.:domokundance:

Last edited:
they don't sell e85 here,, from what I heard it has a lot of problems. Like poor MPG. another One is e85 attracts water, as e85 gets old it can ruin a engine. I know you can tune for e85 just don't see advantages to so. I would rather use 100% gas. THe ford 250 can run e85 but I would be worried to do so if we did have it. E85 is also made by food and another reason not to like it. Perhaps a graph might explain advantages and disadvantages of the two fuels, instead of blaming me for your problems. E85 would destroy most engines currently made. I also think e85 was thought up by CA, another attempt to ruin engines. So far E85 not where I am and none one seems to be rushing to see it either. E85 has ruin all kinds of seals and cause a lot of engine corrosion. Maybe I am wrong but my mechanic doesn't like it, I will have to ask him why. I am not having any problems with 87 however except its a little on the low side of octane. I usually run all three 87,89, 93 and sometimes 91. I am added lucus fuel treatment now and it does seem to work-Lucus fuel treatment is $24 a gal treats 400 gals. Its not like I don't know anything about gas. I have tried even tried race gas also.:domokundance:
But back to real topic , gas prices have been spiking up 10 cents in last week. I go to the cheap place now and add lucus gas treatment to make up for the lack of good additives, sorry if I got your goat that is all I can think of so:whiteflag::iough:

But back to real topic , gas prices have been spiking up 10 cents in last week. I go to the cheap place now and add lucus gas treatment to make up for the lack of good additives, sorry if I got your goat that is all I can think of so:whiteflag::iough:
There are literally a million videos and websites that explain e85 for performance gains. It’s most effective for cars that run turbos/sc, but regular cars can get gains too. I think vitviper was quoted at saying stock 9th gens could gain around 20-25hp from running e85 and a tune.

Snip
The octane rating of E85 is in the region of 105, but when combined with its cooling properties, the actual knock resistance of E85 is much higher than the octane rating would suggest.

E85 also has a very high ‘latent heat of evaporation’. If you failed chemistry, don’t stress. In plain English this means that when E85 is injected into the engine, it goes through a phase change from liquid to gas and during this process it absorbs a lot of heat from the intake charge. A colder intake charge is denser and improves power, but also has the effect of making the engine less prone to detonation.

We did some testing on our turbocharged Toyota 86 and optimising the tune in the MoTeC M150 ECU netted an increase in power from the 265hp the car made on pump gas to 358hp at the rear wheels with e85. Even with the high 12.5:1 compression of the FA20 engine, E85 allowed us to increase the boost from 7.0psi to 9.5 psi with no detonation. The only thing stopping us going further was the stock internals.

Well I guess power wise it works, just wonder about the long term effects on engine. Makes a lot of power then blow up. What is the long term effect?:bananawhipdance:

that's a lousy price for mid grade, I just paid 2.94 for 93 premium no name brand. I always use Lucus fuel treatment now, it works. I am going for a ride on my Hot rod VFR 800, it does like the better fuel and loves that lucus treatment. And I have this really super oil castrol 10-40R ready for the next oil change, its sporting the world strongest 520 chain the DID jap spins up very fast.

Attachments

• P1011480.JPG
    P1011480.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
that's a lousy price for mid grade
it's almost as if gas prices vary by city/state. Amazing. You know some states add a bunch of fees into gas to cover road repair costs, education funding, and other things? One state may pay more in gas, but have lower overall state taxes/property taxes or the exact opposite. Maybe one area pays more in property taxes, because they get their education funding from that instead of gas.

the gas station at $2.94 premium doesn't make any money and is only selling it at cost to attract people to go there.:bananawhipdance:Most places its around $3.25-3.30 for premium.

that's a lousy price for mid grade

South East PA gas prices...

Wawa near me charges between 3.00 (87) to 3.60 (93) a gallon... My car is not tuned for higher octane so no need to run 91 or 93 octane and while it runs on 87 it doesn’t like it so 89 it is...

the gas station at $2.94 premium doesn't make any money and is only selling it at cost to attract people to go there.:bananawhipdance:Most places its around $3.25-3.30 for premium.

I don't believe you! You should go ask them and see what they say.

@bootyluvr, lol
ee2f83d31da9a83e57b81ea52cce2f5d.jpg

Back