2012 CBP FG4

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
The car is still pretty much stock. I got it back in July of 2015 and haven't done much at all. In 2016 I got a buddy club short shift kit and FastLine Maven Countersunk shift knob. Went to install the short throw kit and found out there was already one installed, which leaves the shift knob and the lights as the few mods I've done so far. :D

The car came with a couple other goodies that I didn't realize were upgrades until quite some time after I'd had the car.

Current Mods:
Red JDM Steering Wheel Badge
Red JDM Hazard switch
Hybrid Racing Shifter Cable Bushings
Buddy Club Short Throw Kit
FastLine Maven Countersunk Machined SS shift knob - 06/2016
Hondata FlashPro - 10/2019
Sealight LED High/Low/Fogs/Brake Lights - 10/2019
Skunk2 Megapower RR Exhaust - 76mm - 11/2019
BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S
22mm Progress Rear Sway Bar - 8/2020
Blox Subframe Rigid Collar Kit - 9/2020
Acuity Battery Relocation Tray - 9/2020
Skunk2 CAI - 9/2020
Full Race 3" Catted DP - 9/2020
Hasport 70a RMM - 9/2020
CDV deleted Slave Cylinder - 9/2020
PRL SS clutch line - 9/2020
H&R Springs - 9/2020
CT Engineering Supercharger kit - 9/2020
• 3.6" Pulley
• IMT Idler Pulley
• Deatschwerks EV14 1000cc injectors w/Grams PnP clips
• NGK ILKR8E6 1422 Plugs
Truhart shocks and struts - 2/2021
K-Tuned Crash Bar - 2/2021

Tuned by Steve @ E-Tunez - 10/2020

Mods waiting for install:
SPC Front Camber Bolts
SPC Rear Camber Arms
DeatschWerks DW65c Fuel Pump
Hasport UMM

Have, but not sure I'm going to install:
ZDX 70mm Throttle Body
Throttle body spacer

Last edited:
just so you're aware, some have used a zip tie under the shift boot to keep it raised up to the knob if you're looking for a solution. :thumb:

just so you're aware, some have used a zip tie under the shift boot to keep it raised up to the knob if you're looking for a solution. :thumb:
Oh yeah? Just pop on a zip tie and pull the boot around it?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Oh yeah? Just pop on a zip tie and pull the boot around it?

so people do it from underneath. You can pop the boot piece up and then do a zip tie from below so it's not seen. Just follow the beginning of this DIY link to pop the boot off. Then you can slide the boot way up to the knob. You wrap a zip tie towards the top and put the boot back into place.
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2...hift-adapter-and-corsport-base-bushings.5828/

Looks easy enough. I may do that on my lunch break today. I don't know why I never thought to see how to keep that up. Thanks!

Forgot to post pics of the K24Z7 that I picked up last weekend. The motor was pulled due to knocking. No cracks or leaks that I could see. I figure for the $130 I paid for the engine and stand I could end up just tearing it apart for the experience and not even care if it ends up being trashed. But my thoughts are that if it was still running in the car then it can be salvaged. It's in storage for now. I was terribly close to bringing it into the living room, but the 3 steps to get to the front door killed that idea.
20c2aca539f463625070a1ea648a3bd8.jpg

Debating between a used Skunk2 CAI for $120 that I found online and just doing the intake resonator delete. It seems like I may be better off just doing the delete, but the Skunk2 is 3.5 in tubing, so that may be of some benefit over the stock tubing when doing the resonator delete. The CAI would need the cone replaced so that tacks on a bit to the price as well.

Decisions...

Forgot to post pics of the K24Z7 that I picked up last weekend. The motor was pulled due to knocking. No cracks or leaks that I could see. I figure for the $130 I paid for the engine and stand I could end up just tearing it apart for the experience and not even care if it ends up being trashed. But my thoughts are that if it was still running in the car then it can be salvaged. It's in storage for now. I was terribly close to bringing it into the living room, but the 3 steps to get to the front door killed that idea.
20c2aca539f463625070a1ea648a3bd8.jpg

$130. :thumbsup:

I was surprised that no one had grabbed it. I saw it on a Monday and couldn't pick up until Saturday.

Paid $130 for the engine and stand but I had to:

Rent a truck: $40
Rent a engine hoist: $40
Rent a storage unit: $50 an month until I figure something out.

So that $130 turned into $260 real quick like, but still worth it IMO.

Upcoming addition. Gotta find a battery relocation tray for this kit though. Need the grab some wire and such to extend the battery leads.

a5189d29e3efe5b6956acc74c429ac50.jpg

Last edited:
It's for my Si. At least it should have been...

Oh you mean the motor. haha

Honestly, I just think it'd be really cool to tear it down. Who knows what'll happen from there. I may try my hand at a rebuild.

Oh I got you, I was going to say I just did a K24Z3 swap to mine and had extra parts.

Back