A/T Tranny shift is harsh. P0966 Pressure Control Solenoid Valve B Circuit low

Dennis Vega

2012 Honda Civic LX 1.8 - I’m not sure if I replaced the right part but shift is still bad. I did drain & full with the recommended Honda transmission fluid. Could it be a sensor like TPS or something? Please help!

P0966 HONDA Possible Causes
  • Faulty A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve 'B'
  • A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve 'B' harness is open or shorted
  • A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve 'B' circuit poor electrical connection
numerous sites claim the solenoid valve being bad is the most common cause.

2012 Civic LX - Obd2 gave me code P0966 (Pressure Control Solenoid B Valve Circuit Low). I replaced the part and it still has transmission problems. It jerks when I put it in reverse and drive. Doesn’t shift pass 3rd. And I had VSS, ABS lights on dash. Could it be some kind of sensor? Like TPS? Help!

So how
P0966 HONDA Possible Causes
  • Faulty A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve 'B'
  • A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve 'B' harness is open or shorted
  • A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valve 'B' circuit poor electrical connection
numerous sites claim the solenoid valve being bad is the most common cause.
How do I fix it

is that the only code you have? I know I've helped someone else in the past where their car wouldn't shift past a certain gear no matter the rpm. I recall there were 2 solenoids that controlled the shifting between low/high gears on the trans.

You could call and ask for Paul in parts
1-855-299-7244
https://www.collegehillshondaparts.com/

He could probably rattle off the part number without even looking it up. I know on the 8th generations it was a very common part where they sold quite a few.

Thanks . I already replaced with a new solenoid. A little better but not fixed. Still harsh shift in R and must rev rpms at least past 5000 for it to get going

you replaced just 1 sensor correct? Part #? I'm saying there are multiple pressure sensors that tell the trans to up/downshift. Collegehills could probably rattle the part number off to you which I mentioned above.

Dennis, just wondering what part you replaced was it the automatic pressure control solenoid valve B? I know there several switches and solenoids that could be replaced. I'm having the same issue as you, have you fixed yet? my dealership recommended replacing the PCM which will cost $800 for the part plus labor. I'm a little hesitant replacing stuff tell I know for sure its the problem. What did you figure out?

Dennis, just wondering what part you replaced was it the automatic pressure control solenoid valve B? I know there several switches and solenoids that could be replaced. I'm having the same issue as you, have you fixed yet? my dealership recommended replacing the PCM which will cost $800 for the part plus labor. I'm a little hesitant replacing stuff tell I know for sure its the problem. What did you figure out?
He hasn’t been online in like 2 months. You could try sending him a pm which would email him.

http://9thcivic.com/forum/conversations/add?to=Dennis+Vega

Civics between 2012 and 13 before they made the CVT so the five speed automatic‘s are known to have this shift solenoid problem I have a 13 civic LX and mine started doing it right about 45,000 miles I have 50,000 now but my check engine light has not came on yet and it’s not shifting horribly hard some days are worse than others but when you pop your hood and look down by the transmission where your dipstick is in the area there is a dual solenoid that is usually the problem unless that’s the part you replaced

Ok thanks ATIZ, I did find out the problem and it was a fuse in the fuse panel in inside the car, fuse number 7. It hadn't blown but was missing so I replaced it. Now it works fine.

Ok thanks ATIZ, I did find out the problem and it was a fuse in the fuse panel in inside the car, fuse number 7. It hadn't blown but was missing so I replaced it. Now it works fine.
This post saved me the trouble of changing out a solenoid valve. It was just a misplaced fuse. Thank you so much!

Back