Installed Acuity Shifter base bushings.

protegeV

DFW
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
coupe
I guess they're a cute "upgrade" for $30, but I can tell almost no difference once installed. :think:

they can take more punishment is what im thinking. if you track your car and slam the gears a lot they would probably last longer. other than that its kind of like a might as well do it mod.

You will feel a difference under high stress shifts like at the track. You won't feel much difference just driving around normally.

Hi there! Okay so I’m definitely Novice when it come to working on my car. So I figured the shifter bushings would be an easy install. I took the intake system out swapped the bushings. Re installed everything fine. I turned my car on and it revved higher than normal and when I started to drive it kept jerking and the refs kept going up and down and the check emmission system light came on. So I pulled it back into my drive way and took the intake hose out and found that there was a tiny piece of dirt sitting in the throttle body. After removing it the car went back to normal, sort of... Now every time I go into neutral it revs up to 2k rpms then down to normal rpms then back up to 1.5k rpms and then it falls to normal rpms for being in neutral. Does anyone know what this could be from? Maybe I have to check all of the hoses and make sure they’re on right but I’m honestly not sure what this could be caused by. If you have any pointers or tips on what to do or what to look for please let me know. Thanks!

Hi there! Okay so I’m definitely Novice when it come to working on my car. So I figured the shifter bushings would be an easy install. I took the intake system out swapped the bushings. Re installed everything fine. I turned my car on and it revved higher than normal and when I started to drive it kept jerking and the refs kept going up and down and the check emmission system light came on. So I pulled it back into my drive way and took the intake hose out and found that there was a tiny piece of dirt sitting in the throttle body. After removing it the car went back to normal, sort of... Now every time I go into neutral it revs up to 2k rpms then down to normal rpms then back up to 1.5k rpms and then it falls to normal rpms for being in neutral. Does anyone know what this could be from? Maybe I have to check all of the hoses and make sure they’re on right but I’m honestly not sure what this could be caused by. If you have any pointers or tips on what to do or what to look for please let me know. Thanks!
is it doing what is happening to this video? If it is, you can check fuse #22 DBW 15 A in the engine bay

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_ns4TbaHKE

Back