Squeal in brakes/rotors only while turning

Chase

So a few months ago I put brand new pads and rotors on trying to solve a different problem, ended up not needing them but since day one, they have been squealing. The first day they squealed even driving straight then that went away, and still now after like 7000km they still squeak obnoxiously, it’s really bad when turning to the left, very loud on drivers side, and then not very much turning right. They aren’t worn out at all, but to describe the sound it sounds like the pads or something is dragging on the rotor as it’s a spinning noise, sounds faster if your going faster.

I have checked the rotor guard and for anything else looking if it’s touching, even took the tires off and cranked the wheel to the left and spun the hub but didn’t make the noise so couldn’t really trace it.

im not sure if I just got shitty brakes or something, but I have a 2012 SI. Any suggestions on what it could be would be appreciated!

Does. Does your car pull to one side when braking or under normal driving?

Sounds like a sticking caliper. Take it to Honda or a good brake shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another point ill add is if I apply the brakes harder on the corner the noise dampens/goes away completely. It sounds worst when taking a corner with no braking or driving on a curved road, if that also shows signs of calipers.

Does. Does your car pull to one side when braking or under normal driving?
Maybe slightly, I have noticed a little bit of pull, but I just got a wheel alignment so I shouldnt be.

try and push the caliper pistons back on both sides and see if its harder on one side.

I haven't worked on Honda si brakes yet, but maybe the car has floating pins that now don't have any High temp grease on them. It can cause one brake to not work right. The Brake :worms:pin could also be rusted or damaged. Oh my VFR 500 has floating pins and they didn't have any High temp grease, also grease the back of the pads. The vfr brakes were working but maybe not as good as they should as funny wear on one pad perhaps caught it as it was just starting to fail.

Also check you caliper hardware. I have had several sets of aftermarket hardware that come with replacement pads that fit poorly and touch the rotor if you don't get them in just the right spot.

Also check you caliper hardware. I have had several sets of aftermarket hardware that come with replacement pads that fit poorly and touch the rotor if you don't get them in just the right spot.

Yeah I think that may have something todo with it. Would it just be the pads causing the problem because my mechanic at Honda told me if you get shitty pads they will likely do that and not stop until you change them. How would I test it though because I can't really recreate the noise without driving. Maybe just try new pads and not get an off brand again

Yeah I think that may have something todo with it. Would it just be the pads causing the problem because my mechanic at Honda told me if you get shitty pads they will likely do that and not stop until you change them. How would I test it though because I can't really recreate the noise without driving. Maybe just try new pads and not get an off brand again
It could be the pads but i would do a visual inspection first and see if any of the hardware is close to the rotor or touching it in any way. Also did you grease all the moving parts when you installed the new brakes?

Back