2015 si sedan

for the guys that have a catless downpipe, do you notice the change in noise around the 20 second mark? is this the "whistle" type noise people complain about? to make is sounds like an exhaust leak that goes away. just curious if this is the same noise or not. its almost like the noise goes away because its going into closed loop.

for the guys that have a catless downpipe, do you notice the change in noise around the 20 second mark? is this the "whistle" type noise people complain about? to make is sounds like an exhaust leak that goes away. just curious if this is the same noise or not. its almost like the noise goes away because its going into closed loop.

Get a tune and drive it for 500-1,000 miles and then come back and ask questions.

That’s the noise I’ve experienced and still do just not as loud. Ive noticed when your catless with a stock exhaust the whistle is a lot louder at start up. I’ll try and remember to film my cold start up before I run a datalog so u can here mine and compare. I thought for the longest time it was a leak just out of paranoia. I’m sure Steve would be able to tell if you had a leak.

Get a tune and drive it for 500-1,000 miles and then come back and ask questions.

Tune is currently happening. I think I'm being paranoid that it's a leak like Ron.

That’s the noise I’ve experienced and still do just not as loud. Ive noticed when your catless with a stock exhaust the whistle is a lot louder at start up. I’ll try and remember to film my cold start up before I run a datalog so u can here mine and compare. I thought for the longest time it was a leak just out of paranoia. I’m sure Steve would be able to tell if you had a leak.
You really don't need to. I just wanted to know if it runs rough for a few seconds. So far mine isn't doing it like last time.

Car sounds good. I really liked my dp with the stock exhaust. Full exhaust gave it more power though...

Car sounds good. I really liked my dp with the stock exhaust. Full exhaust gave it more power though...

Yeah, on the second revision Steve said the first one was a little rich up top because of a slight restriction which I assumed was my exhaust. I just fear if I go full 3 inch fullrace it's going to drone and make driving it annoying. I think I'm getting old.

It will drone. I don’t daily my si. I’d probably go crazy along with my neighbors.

Gave it a quick touchless wash at work today.

20200420-121506-HDR.jpg

Decided to paint my calipers. Not sure how I feel about them yet. It was a lot of work taking a wire wheel to them with all the rust. Not sure how long it'll last since I didn't do the entire area. Car is so dirty because it keeps snowing here everyday but never sticks. It's getting pretty old.

20200422-153951.jpg

20200422-154425.jpg

20200422-154632.jpg

20200422-184521.jpg

20200422-190340.jpg

20200422-155446.jpg

Last edited:
i hate the coilovers so much. wish i spent a few hundred more on better ones, these dont have height adjustment in the shock body.

thats why i dont like them. have to adjust the spring for height.

Back