Official Computer Talk Thread

but then you need a spot to put a few of your spare hard drives..... :hiding: (not mine)

iR9rYvN.jpg

Speaking of cases... I feel like more and more cases are going for looks over airflow.

I have the Fractal Design Define R5 (non-window) black edition case.

I remember cases had front fans that weren't blocked and didn't "pull from the sides of the front".

Speaking of cases... I feel like more and more cases are going for looks over airflow.

I have the Fractal Design Define R5 (non-window) black edition case.

I remember cases had front fans that weren't blocked and didn't "pull from the sides of the front".
A lot of the newer ITX cases are all about mesh sides, sandwich configuration and airflow or allowance of liquid cooling.

it’s a different market than the Fractal Node 202 days.

This is my current case. See the side vents to suck in the air... Next case I get will not be like that.

Define-R5-Black_4-810x810.jpg

When you open the door this is how it looks

Define-R5-Black_18-1-810x810.jpg

I understand these case manufactures do tons of tests but meh.

I like how this front fan setup is done. Fans don't have to get air from the sides. They get air straight from the front through the mesh

Fractal Meshify S2

Meshify-S2_23-810x810.jpg

I like how this front fan setup is done. Fans don't have to get air from the sides. They get air straight from the front through the mesh

Fractal Meshify S2

Meshify-S2_23-810x810.jpg
i built my 17 year old brother in law a gaming machine in this case, its great to work with and cable management is so simple because of all the vlecro they include with the case

Sooooo rtx 3000.......

I'm hoping this drives the price of lower end cards down. But judging by the amount of high end cards going up for sale on marketplace it may not. Right now someone is selling a 1080ti for $800cnd

Sooooo rtx 3000.......

I'm hoping this drives the price of lower end cards down. But judging by the amount of high end cards going up for sale on marketplace it may not. Right now someone is selling a 1080ti for $800cnd

$610 US wow.

3070 being $500... These people with older cards aren't going to get a ton for 2080, 2080Ti, 1080, 1080Ti. Just ain't gonna happen.

I’m specifying my next build. Waiting for Big-Navi and reviews. Sounds like it would be good to move to a 3070 from my 1080. Maybe splurge to a 3080 and ensure the computer has a little longer lifetime.

Last edited:
I’m specifying my next build. Waiting for Big-Navi and reviews. Sounds like it would be good to move to a 3070 from my 1080. Maybe splurge to a 3080 and ensure the computer has a little longer lifetime.

1080 TWINS! :dance1:

Back