Official Computer Talk Thread

Sorry I know i asked this questions before just looking to see if something new is available. What modem/router is everyone using? I my WiFi range on the one my internet provider offered has a weak range.

Sorry I know i asked this questions before just looking to see if something new is available. What modem/router is everyone using? I my WiFi range on the one my internet provider offered has a weak range.

I use Google Mesh setup. 2 devices. My house is small though. One floor. 1100 sq ft.

I use PFSense for Routing/Firewalling. And then use Google Wifi and Linksys Velop in AP only mode. One wifi network for IoT and related devices, and one network for internal traffic.

I'm using a Netgear CM700 and a Netgear AC 1750 "Nighthawk" router. The range is nice -- and both are supported by a lot of providers.

I use PFSense for Routing/Firewalling. And then use Google Wifi and Linksys Velop in AP only mode. One wifi network for IoT and related devices, and one network for internal traffic.

Fahnix is over here with some sort of Department of Defense setup!

Me and my normie network :rotfl:

I find my s10 plus gets bad wifi reception compared to my g6. Can barely get anything in my bedroom now.

I think I've decided to purchase a 1660 super GPu.
Once again all the used ones are way over priced. Going to wait for the new stuff to come out and see if the old stuff drops in price.

Last edited:
I find my s10 plus gets bad wifi reception compared to my g6. Can barely get anything in my bedroom now.

I think I've decided to purchase a 1660 super GPu.
Once again all the used ones are way over priced. Going to wait for the new stuff to come out and see if the old stuff drops in price.

I also have an S10 plus. At my last two houses with the 10+ I got a good connection to wifi but since I moved this last time and with this last update my connection has been hit or miss. My Xbox and PC seem to be ok but I have not played online gaming yet to test them.

I was thinking of going with one of the Netgear products to test out. But I am going to look into the other suggestions first.

I think I’ll be moving my next Pc to the M1 as well.

Waiting for some more news and specs you come out prior to buying other components.

I think I’ll be moving my next Pc to the M1 as well.

Waiting for some more news and specs you come out prior to buying other components.
ill let you know how the build process goes, i think you know what components i have but here they are
asus x570i
ryzen 3950x
32gb ram
500gb samsung m.2
2tb ssd
2080ti founders edition
corsair h100i pro xt

I’m waiting for Ryzen 5000 announcement in a couple of weeks before picking processor. Will take the 500 GB and 1 TB M.2 drives out of the current PC.

Looking at the mini-DTX form factor X570 board, Crosshair VIII Impact to get that PCI-E 4.0 M.2 card. M1 holds the longer board, grab the extra functionality and a dedicated sound card.

I’ll be upgrading the GPU but again, waiting for more news. Sounds like a 3070 or 3080 is in my future.

really impressed with the ncase, i remember reading that they were made by lian li but i had completely forgotten that until i got the box yesterday and it had lian li's address on it

lol

All the reviewers came out today and complained that there was no performance increase with the 30 series because under 1080p gaming, they were CPU limited or some stupid ****.

I think it was JayzTwoCents that came out and wondered why his 2080Ti benchmarks were 20 fps higher than before and he was bottlenecked with this i7-8700 setup.

Anyone at MicroCenter or Best Buy this morning getting the new card?

I feel like @Br3TT would get the new card but he wouldn't be the type that waits at the store. I feel like he's got people to get him the card :rotfl:

Back