Official Computer Talk Thread

so it turns out my cpu and the 2600 im eventually buying only supports 2933 ram speed so i canceled the order for the 3600mhz kit and got the 3200mhz kit instead. saved $2 and it will arrive sooner.

-196C RTX 3080 World Record Overclocking! Liquid Nitrogen is so cool!

View: https://youtu.be/Nw3ykG5IanI?t=4641

I was watching that yesterday when they hit 14059. They got it just a tad higher when they went colder again. It was around -180C that they would’ve hit this record. It’s extremely impractical.

FWIW, the 3090 looks like it’ll hit 13,150 out of the box.

Last edited:
Vendor was out last week to replace the mainboard in this Lenovo T570 laptop.

Customer contacted me this morning stating "unable to connect to WiFi"... Well it's because of this. :confused::oops::mad:

IMG_20200922_120811.jpg

the black wires to the intel wifi was off? person drop the laptop and it popped off?

What's the red/blue wire running to the right? (edit "orange")

Last edited:
Damn that picture is HUGE! Sorry about that ya'll.

the black wires to the intel wifi was off? person drop the laptop and it popped off?

What's the red/blue wire running to the right? (edit "orange")

Yes the black & white wires were off the Intel WiFi adapter. I don't believe the person dropped the laptop. I think the vendor (who was out last week) did not reconnect them when she put a new mainboard in.

Ohhh that makes sense. And the other two wires to the right that are loose? What are those for? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a laptop that looked like that

Ohhh that makes sense. And the other two wires to the right that are loose? What are those for? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a laptop that looked like that
Common for HP to have another set of antenna leads.

Common for HP to have another set of antenna leads.

Most of the time to support another card. Usually a WAN card.

Sorry missed that part Webby. Yes for a WAN card. Thanks Fahnix for replying.

the c14s showed up today and holy crap is it massive, ill get some pics of it later

This thing is massive
ccf2099584fdb31f4a275d1da72fbfdf.jpg

cb6156106bca183c809e08d24156f447.jpg

1c7797a2f74647d769329c8664bd8fac.jpg

f94068766fc4cb3d2bbb72520d871825.jpg

That’s comically massive. Bet it’s gonna do damn good at it’s job tho.

Back