Another New Forum Member

AlmosN8kd

Clermont, FL
Vehicle Model
2012 Honda Civic Si, 1994 Stealth R/T TT, 2009 CBR1000RR, 2016 Pilot Touring AWD
Body Style
Sedan
Ugh, not another new member who will ask never-ending meaningless questions which would otherwise be easily answered through use of the "search" feature. . .

So, yes, I'm new here and I'm reading all of your internet contents. :lildevil: I apologize in advance if I do ask something that has been asked before; I do try and search out answers; but, even then, things can get missed.

Anyhow, a few days ago, I purchased my first Civic, a black 2012 Civic Si sedan; although, this is my 5th Honda purchase (4th if you exclude my lawn mower). Overall, the Civic is probably an 8 out of 10. Mechanically, it seems solid thus far and the interior is in good shape; however, cosmetically, there are some blemishes that will need to be addressed at some point. I don't have plans to do anything crazy to it; just to use it as a daily while I rebuild my other car. I joined the forum as a means to find solutions to any problems that may arise, maybe buy/sell parts as needed, and general car community involvement.

A little about me; I am active duty military and have been for quite a long time, I am from FL but currently live in VA. I have been a mechanic since I was a kid, learned by working in my dad's shop through middle school and high school. I do roughly 99% of my own work and don't mind helping others out when I can. I've owned both domestic and import cars over the years but keep finding my way back to Honda as I like reliability and simplicity. Here is a list of cars I've owned over the years (not all that exhaustive of a list, I tend to keep my vehicles for awhile; just posting these for talking points more than anything):

*List is in chronological build order, not in purchase order*
-1977 Ford F-100 4x4 (sold)
-1978 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau (traded-in)
-1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo (constant project)
-1994 Toyota Tercel (sold)
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Convertible (sold)
-2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (traded-in)
-2007 Honda CBR600RR (traded-in)
-2009 Honda CBR1000RRA (testing speed limits regularly)
-2012 Honda Civic Si Sedan (new daily)
-2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD (grocery getter)

And....that is about it. Anyhow, thanks for having me; and, I assure you, I am not a robot. I tried to get into another 9th Gen Civic forum; but, they keep rejecting my application for some reason....perhaps my username is a little too questionable (I've had it for such a long time and use it on multiple forums that I don't want to come up with a new one). :D

Seller's Image 01.jpg

Seller's Image 02.jpg

Seller's Image 03.jpg

Seller's Image 04.jpg

Last edited:
Got any pictures of that? Should make a build thread give me something to read at work.

Stealth 01.JPG Stealth 02.JPG Stealth 03.JPG Stealth 04.JPG Stealth 05.JPG Stealth 06.JPG
Got any pictures of that? Should make a build thread give me something to read at work.

Yes, I do. Took me awhile to pull them down to my work computer; but, here are some of the pics:

Although, the "build" is quite extensive and making a thread would take hours. Here is a list of the performance modifications I've done to the Stealth; there is also a number of interior and cosmetic things I have done (but, no one really cares about those items):

These are in sort of a random order, I probably should go through it and group things a bit better to make it easier to read. My apologies for things being all over the place.
Blitz SBC-iD III Sequential Boost Controller
K&N FIPK
DNP Pre-Cat Eliminators
DNP Downpipe
Random Technology Ultra High Flow Cat
DNP Pre Turbo Intake Pipes
DNP Intercooler Piping Kit
PWR Aluminum Radiator
Dr. Weldin DSM SMIC Kit
3SX Stainless Steel Braided Clutch line
3SX Aluminum Crank Pulley
3SX Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
Full Set of Slotted & Cross Drilled Rotors
Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Caliper Stiffening Bolts from Supercar Engineering
3rd Gen 3mm Lifters
Ek2 Performance Billet Fuel Rail Set
Dynamic Racing's DR650R Turbos
AEM Manifold Air Pressure (MAP) Sensor
AEM Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor
Denso 720cc Injectors
3SX Stainless Steel Braided Turbo Oil Return Lines
Samco Black Silicone Radiator Hoses
AEM UEGO Dual Channel Wideband O2 Controller
Setrab Front Mount Oil Cooler 920-8
3SX Adjustable Control Arms
Saner Front AWD Sway Bar
Saner Rear AWD Sway Bar
RPS Carbon/Carbon Twin Disc Clutch
HKS Super Sequential Blow-off Valve
AEM Engine Management System (EMS V1)
DN Performance Tubular Headers
Apexi N1 Titanium Mufflers (2)
Denso "Supra" Fuel Pump
Fuel Pump Hot-wire Kit
Tein Flex Electronically Adjustable Coilover System
Tein Electronic Dampening Force Controller (EDFC)
IPS Motorsports 304 Stainless 3" Catback Tubing Only
AeroMotive -6AN Fuel Pressure Regulator
MSD Spark Plug Wires
NGK Iridium Plugs
T.E.C. Performance Front Strut Bar
T.E.C. Performance Rear Strut Bar with Interior Covers
HKS DLI Twin Power Ignition Amplifier
Supercar Engineering Large Racing Oil Pan
EGR Blockoff plates
Pauter Forged Rods
Dynamic Racing Stage III Heads
ek2 Development Polyurethane Motor Mounts
Fidanza Aluminum Adjustable Cam Gears
Aeromotive 10 micron Fuel Filter
Gates Racing Timing Belt
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
Forged CP Pistons (8.0:1 compression, .030" over)
Cometic oversized MLS head gaskets
Block bored .030" over by Britco Racing Engines
Full Engine Balance of all internal components by Britco Racing Engines
Precision Shaft Technologies (PST) One Piece Carbon Fiber Driveshaft
Adjustable Lower Ball Joints from Supercar Engineering
Crower Chrome Silicon Vanadium Steel Alloy Valve Springs
Crower Titanium Valve Spring Retainers
WebCam "Street" Grind "Regrind" Cams
Vacuum reduction
Supercar Engineering 1/2 & 3/4 billet shift forks
Northbend Tech 6spd QuadcoXR Output Shaft
Northbend Tech 6spd QuadcoXR Transfercase Input Spool
Ninja Performance Solid Rear Differential Bushings
Tuning by Ray Pampena of Pampena Motorsports/3S Motorsports: 426AWHP

Wow very nice. Welcome to the forum. What are you doing to the stealth now as far as a rebuild?

Wow very nice. Welcome to the forum. What are you doing to the stealth now as far as a rebuild?

I have to rebuild the bottom end at a minimum, the engine has rod knock. Not sure if it was oil starvation or running lean that cause it (I think it ran lean) but that is the plan. Plus, any other issues that I find along the way.

Welcome to the forum! That's a nice stealth build you have going. Congrats on the new-to-you si!

Nice little sleeper. Engine does not look like its fun to work on.

Thank you. It is not the best; however, it is also not the worst. All in all, once you pull the strut bar and the turbo charge piping, it becomes a little easier to manage. Although, the engine will be coming out soon.

Welcome to the forum! That's a nice stealth build you have going. Congrats on the new-to-you si!

Thank you.

Congrats & Welcome.

That Stealth looks nice! What happened in the picture with the police? lol

Congrats & Welcome.

That Stealth looks nice! What happened in the picture with the police? lol

Thanks!

It was a long time ago; but, if I remember correctly, someone broke down and the cop was stopping to see what happened. I think he told us that if we didn't get off the Mountain (Mt. Rainier) before the park closed that the car would be towed as it wasn't allowed to be left overnight. Or, something to that effect; I don't think it was anything crazy like speeding or something like that, I don't think anyone got a ticket that day.

Stealth is back on the road (did the first drive in about 2yrs on 7 Sept); I just haven't taken the time to post pics. I didn't think posting here would be ideal and didn't think making another thread on a Civic forum would be all that welcome. Since I was wrong on both accounts, I'll try to remember to post some in the next few days.

Definitely make a build thread for it! And one for the Civic too! Build threads for ALL!

But there is no build on the Civic...... I just daily that beast, enjoy it, and do maintenance on it.

As for the Stealth, the "build" was done years ago; this most recent build was more of a refresh, but, I did take some pics of the assembly I can post. Just have to find some time when I'm not at work (pics are on my phone, phone is not allowed at work, you get the idea).

But there is no build on the Civic...... I just daily that beast, enjoy it, and do maintenance on it.

As for the Stealth, the "build" was done years ago; this most recent build was more of a refresh, but, I did take some pics of the assembly I can post. Just have to find some time when I'm not at work (pics are on my phone, phone is not allowed at work, you get the idea).

Oh gotcha. Didn't know the Civic was stock stock.

Oh gotcha. Didn't know the Civic was stock stock.

Only aftermarket stuff is an intake (put on by one of the previous owners), factory lighting kit, and factory remote start (that doesn't work with the Si :mad: even though it said it was compatible when I bought it :banghead:). Because of the expense of the Stealth and the future plan for the Civic, I don't have any intent of building/racing it. I might do some additional tweaks over the next few years but I doubt it would be much.

Back